Monday, August 31, 2009


So, a while ago before moving out of my house and starting college, I read 2 of the last books I could before starting school.


The first one:

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Summary taken from Amazon:

Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades, an okay relationship with her parents, and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But wh
en a mysterious boy named Ben starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe he's trouble, even when her friends try
to convince her otherwise. Instead, she's inexplicably drawn to Ben.and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help-but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.


Before reading this book, I happened to notice it's rating on amazon.
Some people liked it, others didn't. Thankfully, I didn't read the reviews.

I was really surprised how much I actually enjoyed it. I loved the characters and though, I thought they could've been developed a little more, I know this is a series and there's probably a reason for that. This is the first of Laurie's books that I've read and I thought she did an amazing job. With that said, I can't really see why it got the ratings it did.
But then, I can. :/

The similarities to Twilight were quite obvious and noticeable. It definitely didn't take away from the story, though. At least not for me. I loved Twilight 3 years ago, and before the last two books. I also found Bella extremely annoying.
In DLS, I liked each and every one of the characters.
Definitely looking forward to Deadly Little Lies in November! :)


Then, I read the sequel to Evernight.

Stargazer by Claudia Gray

I read Evernight when it first came out and bought this one as soon as it was released.
After finally finding the time to read, I knew this was definitely the one to pick!
The second book in the Evernight series, Stargazer did not disappoint!
It had just as much suspense and twists as the first and I cannot wait to find out what else Claudia will throw at us.
Hourglass is at the top of my wishlist!






-Briana




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!