Monday, January 25, 2010

Fade




Summary (from Goodreads):

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....



Review:


I really liked Wake and since the third and final installment of this series is set to come out next week, I figured I’d read this to be prepared.


Fade starts off not long after Wake, which I liked since I'm not a big fan of time gaps, but I unfortunately found that I couldn’t remember much that had happened in the first book. While Fade did recap the important stuff, I still often found myself racking my brain for anything else I remembered because there were a couple of times I was confused about what was happening.


I usually dislike recaps because I think that it takes up too much time and takes away from the new story of the book, but in this case, I thought it was much needed.

Or maybe I should just reread before I start sequels...? :/ Hmm.

Anyway, in this book we learn more about Janie's “gift” which I thought, was definitely interesting to read about and really original on Lisa Mcmann’s part. Throughout the book, the more discoveries about dream catching Janie finds, ultimately causes her to make a few life-changing choices and prepare herself for what’s soon to come.


Definitely looking forward to see where that's headed!


We also got more Cabel as well. We get to see another side of him as he and Janie’s relationship progresses and it’s cute to see just how much he cares for her.


Okay. You authors need to top making these boys so amazing! You’re making me realize how I STILL don’t personally know a boy half as sweet. :(

Quite depressing. Haa


Overall, I enjoyed Fade and I’m sure everyone who loves this series and is anticipating the last book, will also.



Briana


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!