Monday, May 10, 2010

Books By Their Cover...

"Never judge a book by it's cover" is a saying I've always tried to go by. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it...), I often break this rule.
And I know I'm not the only one! ;D

I'm really into photography and my Visual Communications class I'm currently enrolled in, has only enhanced my interest for photography, film, etc.
So, I thought it'd be fun to share my absolute favorite covers (whose beauty may or may not match it's content inside). Hahaha

My List in no particular order...:
(note: all images may be semi large)



Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
This was one of the first covers I ever fell in love with, and it looks even prettier in person!
While I've only read this one in the series and thought it was just okay, I still continue to buy the others because they are all just as eye-catching and I think they compliment each other well. :)



Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
As a big Elizabeth Scott fan, I love that all her books' covers seem to match each book.
There is no cover of hers that I don't like. Love You Hate You Miss You however, is most definitely my favorite. This book was a bit darker/heavier(? for lack of a better word) than her others (besides Living Dead Girl, obviously) and I think it really shows just by the cover art. The mood is definitely more serious. Love it!



Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
Susane's books all seem to have a similar theme (or author brand) that always seems to make her books stand out. To me, at least. Anywho... her most recent Something Like Fate is definitely my favorite so far. As soon as I saw it I... I don't even know. I just knew I wanted it! 8D





One Night That Changes Everything and Two-way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Now, technically I know the first one doesn't count anymore since it's been changed but honestly, it's far too pretty to go unnoticed! I just hope it gets to represent some other book it suits better, in the future. So great.
Two-way Street is my favorite of her currently published novels and I love how as soon as you look at it you know it's about a road trip that goes wrong somehow. (Granted they have no car trouble and the vehicle in the book is an SUV, but you get the gist!)
I just love that the cover is as cute as the book was. :)



Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
I don't even know where to begin to describe my love for this series, so I'll just go on about it's covers. :D
I have to say, the cover to A Great and Terrible Beauty was what captured my attention and made me add it to my wish list in the first place. I love the Victorian Era and seeing the corset and a redhead, I'll admit, made me think of Titanic (which wasn't too far off, since they definitely have some similarities... :/ ).
Either way this series is fantastic, with my favorite book AND cover being the third and final, The Sweet Far Thing. Looove it and definitely recommend it!


This is only a fraction of my "list". Trust me, this can go on and on...
Unfortunately, I have finals to study for. :(
But with all the new releases set for later this year, I am absolutely looking forward to seeing all the fresh, new, pretty faces! :D



Briana


2 comments:

  1. Hey Briana! I definitely judge books by their covers, even though I don't really mean to :D
    All the covers you posted are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!