Thursday, July 22, 2010

Melissa Kantor & Tina Ferraro Mini Reviews


I wanted to start my summer reading off with a couple of light, cute stories, so I figured these two were perfect picks...





Top 10 Reasons For An Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro
(Summary taken from author's website)

Nicolette Antonavich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school - Rod "Rascal" Pasqual. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. And she got to stare at it all evening long as a reminder.

But Nic is determined to put that night behind her for good. She's a junior now - older, wiser, and completely overwhelmed by a new set of problems: 1. The bank's ready to foreclose on her childhood home. 2. Her father's too busy with his "replacement' daughter to care. 3. Her best friend's brother is an eternal thorn in her side. 4. Her best friend isn't exactly the rose attached to that thorn. 5. Rumors are flying around school that could get her kicked off the volleyball team, which would 6. ruin all chances of a college scholarship. 7. She still likes the boy who dumped her in the first place. An 8 9 & 10 what in the world do you do with an unworn prom dress, anyway?

Strangely, it's getting to the bottom of this last dilemma that just might hold the answer to all Nic's problems.

Review:


This book has been on my wish list for quite a while (I’m talking years, here), and I was so excited I’d *finally* get the chance to read it. I really don’t know how to go about writing a long review rather than just saying it was a really cute story. A typical example of a beach read.

Tina Ferraro did a great job of keeping the story light yet, still keeping me interested. Most books that I read that are considered “light and fluffy” are often too fluffy and light for me, which leaves me a little bored. But that definitely wasn’t the case for this one.

Can’t wait to read her other books!!


Rating: 4 stars






Confessions Of A Not It Girl by Melissa Kantor
(Summary taken from author's website)

Jan Miller is a senior in high school who’s convinced she is destined to lead the world’s least fabulous life. Her college application deadlines are looming and her French homework is taunting her. And she never seems to say the right thing around guys, unlike her best It Girl friend who knows the moves and lines to catch an older, adorable, sophisticated boyfriend. But Jan’s about to learn that in life and romance, being a Not It Girl has some major rewards.

Review:


Hilarious.

If I had to describe this book in one word, that’s precisely the word I’d choose. Not only did this book keep me interested and laughing throughout, but it was also very relatable.

Definitely something I don’t feel with every book.

Sure, I understand characters, but I don’t relate to half of them. Jan was one of my favorite characters I’ve read about. From her wild, highly amusing fantasies, to her laugh out loud sense of humor, there was never a dull moment in this book.

This isn’t the first Melissa Kantor book I’ve read and it definitely won’t be the last.

I highly recommend picking this one up if you’re in need of a good laugh, and/or just a good story.


Rating: 4 1/2 stars



Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!