Monday, August 2, 2010

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


Okay. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I love this book. I love this book oh, so much and it’s taken me this long to write a review? Precisely. I don’t know if it’s just me, but some of the books I feel the most strongly about seem to be harder to write up a review for rather than the other way around.


I mean, what can I say about Before I Fall that hasn’t already been said? I’ve seen so many reviews and even the best ones can’t seem to express my thoughts and feelings about it.


Before buying it I can say I knew almost nothing about it. Which is why mid-way through I found myself wondering why no one warned me it was going to be... well, what it was. I couldn’t put it down yet, I had to--I was crying so hard. If you know me, you know that I don’t cry. At all. So if you caught a glimpse of me anytime while I was reading you’d think something was terribly wrong (and I’m talking along the lines of family tragedy wrong), I was such a mess. And I stayed a mess ‘til the very end.


To me, a book like this doesn’t come by very often. It makes you think about all the things and people you take for granted. Not to mention the things you may do or say that may seem harmless enough, but couldn’t be further from that.


Above all, it makes you appreciate the life you live now, because any second it could be gone.


So, if you haven’t read this book, please do. It’s an all-time favorite of mine and I can’t wait to read Delirium (Which I hear is going to be the first in a 3-book series..? Awesome!).


Rating:


Briana



3 comments:

  1. wow! this book sounds amazing! if it blew you away that much, then i'm sure it's nothing short of brilliant. i own a copy already and i was planning to read it a little later, but i might have to skip it up along my reading pile now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely move it up!

    It was at the bottom my TBR pile & I randomly decided to pick it up one day--best decision ever!
    I loved it.

    Tell me what you think when you read it!

    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess, you can't properly describe this book. So people couldn't warn you before you experience it yourself. It makes you FEEL.
    I found myself crying and screaming all of a sudden. (I read out loud)
    One of my favorite too!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!