Tuesday, August 3, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman



If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Summary:
Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the one decision she has left—the most important decision she’ll ever make.

Review:

There have been a few comparisons to this one and Before I Fall and while I certainly see the similarities between the novels, they’re really different.


Before I Fall to me, was more about Sam taking a step back to look at her life and all that she had done throughout it in an effort to correct it and learn from it, where as If I Stay was more about Mia looking at her life and deciding whether or not she wanted to move forward despite everything.


Gayle Forman is an excellent writer and I found myself tearing up a few times while reading. (Yes, again! If that’s not talent, I don’t know what is, that’s all I’m sayin’.) I’m beginning to think I’m getting a little too soft for my own good...



Ultimately, If I Stay was such a great, emotional book about losing everything and still finding something to live for--yourself. Go pick it up, you won’t be disappointed!



Rating:


Briana

1 comment:

  1. i found myself with tears in my eyes towards the end of this book, too. it's an amazing novel!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!