Friday, August 6, 2010

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead



The Vampire Academy Series (books 1-3) by Richelle Mead
Mini reviews...

Book 1, Vampire Academy:

I heard plenty about this series so I had bought the first three books a while back. Part of me is mad at myself for waiting so long to read them, but the other part is SO thankful I waited because I don’t think I could handle waiting a year for each book. I’m an impatient person, what can I say. Anyway, this book was really good and not at all what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I didn’t expect it to be bad or anything (quite the opposite actually, considering all the raving reviews over this series), but it wasn’t exactly what I thought it’d be. Richelle Mead did a great job with every character, Rose specifically--she’s so great! Seriously. She’s a bad ass who’s tough, smart and confident with a smart ass sense of humor to go along. We need more female characters like her. To be honest, I did see the ending coming, but after reading the other two books, it seems like this is the only one I’ll predict right.


Rating: 4 1/2 stars




Book 2, Frost Bite:

This book picks up pretty much where Vampire Academy ended. There are a few new characters introduced and I somehow found this book even more enjoyable than VA. There was also a love triangle (or two) introduced as well, which I actually enjoyed and it was refreshing to see a guy in the middle of the triangle for once. I liked that, it was very different. The ending to this one definitely surprised me a bit. I didn’t expect it AT ALL, so that was also refreshing.


Rating: 4 1/2 stars



Book 3, Shadow Kiss:

OMG. I don’t even have words to describe how much I loved this book. While the first two were great, Shadow Kiss surpassed them entirely. It was that good. Definitely my favorite so far. I don’t want to go into detail because I really wouldn’t want to spoil it for anyone, but I’ll say that: 1.) While I knew something big was gonna happen at the end (due to little hints here and there), I didn’t expect the actual outcome at all. 2.) After finishing this book, I was cursing myself for not buying books 4 and 5. I then went to three (3!!!) stores looking for Blood Promise but found it nowhere! I guess I’ll just have to wait it out ‘til this weekend. :(


Rating: 5 stars



********



This series is one of the best Vampire Series out there!

I’ve seen some call it their “guilty pleasure” and while it is a pleasure to read, I’m not guilty at all about it. Granted, I don’t have any guilty pleasures, but you get the point.

I absolutely can’t wait to read Blood Promise and Spirit Bound, and I already pre-ordered the final book in the series, Last Sacrifice, which is due out in December.




Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!