Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday (September 24-27)

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books.

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question:

When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?

I know some bloggers/reviewers take their reviews pretty seriously and tend to take notes, analyze every bit of the book, etc. To be completely honest, I'm not one of them. As you can tell if you've read my past reviews, I tend to ramble if it's an exceptional book I'm reviewing (and I also try to add a little humor). That's just how it is. The point of my blog isn't so I can be this hard-ass critic (excuse the language), I'm just looking to recommend a few good books to people who are looking for one. So while I'm not always the most eloquent reviewer, I am always honest. And I tend to write my reviews right after I've finished the book, while it's still fresh in my mind since I'm SO forgetful. So, yeah. That's my very long, off-topic answer. I'll stop now.
(Have you noticed I ALWAYS go off subject and ramble? Hmm....)


Follow Friday is hosted by the awesome Parajunkee.


This week's question:

What is your high fashion book? (Best book cover ever)

This is a hard one. I love a lot of covers. Especially YA ones.
But since I'm really interested in photography (though I suck), covers such as If I Stay and Hold Still, I've always found to be the most beautiful.
But I also love every one of Melissa Marr's covers. So pretty!

***

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



Briana

17 comments:

  1. I found you through the hop! I followed you :D

    Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, found you through the hop! Happy friday! I'm a new follower! I look forward to reading your review's! This is me: http://thethoughtsofabookjunky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a fellow rambler!! My reviews get alittle rambly sometimes, too! :)
    I'm a new follower here! Glad I found you through the hop!

    Come visit me at Stories & Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is so pretty!

    im following from follow friday!!

    i'm at www.cupcakequeenbookreviews.blogspot.com
    come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rambly book reviews are the best because sometimes you stumble on things that people who are so exact about theirs wouldn't even think of!!

    New follower here!

    Check out my Hop here:
    Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Landing in from the Hop.

    Hmmm, I think for me I take notes so I don't forget names or places. Especially when reading fantasy. Some of the names are wacked.

    -Shera (Book Whispers)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm following from FF. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm an old follower hopping though. I tend to take the same approach as you do while writing reviews. I want to recommend good books to people that love them. I do take a few days to collect my thoughts after reading them though!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Briana, just hopping on by! I also write my reviews soon after I read them so the book & my reaction stays fresh in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sometimes think I ramble a bit, too! Ho Hum!

    I'm a new follower, and I LOVE the look of your blog!

    http://the-book-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am following you from Para-Junkees Friday Follow!! Looking forward to seeing what you post on your site! You can view my blog and follow me back at:
    www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com
    Thanks! Pris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just hopping by to say hello! I am following and can’t wait to read more from your blog. Here is my blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower stopping by from the blog hop!

    I always wait until I've finished a book to review it. But I usually have to wait atleast a day to start writing a review or else my thoughts are all jumbled!

    Jen @ Overused Parentheses

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower from the hop and follow Friday. I hope you can drop by a visit mine too.

    http://booknoise411.blogspot.com/

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, I love your layout! It's adorable! I'm a new follower! And I might be snagging that Delirium widget - super cute.

    Anyway, if you get a chance, check out my blog. I've got a few giveaways going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from the hop...

    Ha, I'm probably one of those reviewers who likes to look at every facet of a book (tries to, at least) but like you I try to write my reviews right away. It just works better for me.

    my blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!