Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (9)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

What book can I not wait for this week?....



Summary:
Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC politician, she has grown to be a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world. But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful man—a man she has never seen before.

When fate brings Clea and this man together, she is stunned by the immediate and powerful connection she feels with him. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance, and they discover the centuries old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fates, together they race against time to unravel their pasts in order to save their lives—and their futures.



I'll admit, I'm a Hilary Duff fan. Not only did I love Lizzie Mcguire and just about every other thing Hilary was in, I also loved that she was a good role model.
Even years after her ~glory days~ I guess you could say, she still maintains a much better lifestyle compared to... some of her peers. haha

Anyway, I was really interested when I found out she was coming out with a YA book and I'm eager to see if it's better than Lauren Conrad's series, which I hope it is.
Nowadays it seems as long as you have a popular name, you can get published no matter the quality and I really hope this one's an exception.

Elixir will be in stores October 12.




Briana

4 comments:

  1. :( This will be a random comment but I'm a wannabe writer and this is the title to one of my books :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, this is a wayy late reply (I totally didn't see this comment!), but yeah, I know the feeling.
    Just recently I discovered an idea I'd been working with for a story is already getting published. :(
    Oh well. I think I love my story too much to not finish/keep writing. I'm sure you'll find an even better title for yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit I was also in love with Lizzie Mcguire lol and I actually want to read this book! I want to see how she thinks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the book (love this genre and I can't wait for the next) and she was always pretty normal compared to her peers. now she seems so happy, well-adjusted and still a great role model (and married!) I love that about her too.
    miley cyyrus *shudders* sad for the youth today. The shows are awful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!