Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Beginning of the End


It's finally here! Tonight is the night we've all been waiting for. Like many, I will be attending the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I am so incredibly excited, yet, knowing the films are finally coming to end, I can't help but feel super nostalgic.

I remember being in fourth grade when my class was assigned a book we were all going to be reading together. The book and its series was causing a bit of a stir at that time because it was filled with magic and spells (oh my!) and since many people were objecting that the series be made available to nine year-olds, it was only natural that I and every other kid in my grade became that much eager to read it. Yep, I was all for banned books even then!

I remember how it felt finishing the book and discovering there was going to be a movie. Oh, the excitement! Needless to say, on opening night I (and my parents, ha! I had to drag/beg them there) were in the theater.


And it was basically history from there on out.


To say that this franchise was such an iconic and dynamic part of my childhood (and I'm sure everyone else's) is still quite an understatement. Which is why ten years later, as I leave the theater tonight, I might just be holding back tears. Not even joking. Because like I said, the books and films played such a huge part in our lives and the fact that it's nearly over means that it's time to move on, to grow up. And if you know me at all by now, you know that growing up is one of the things I'm most terrified of. It's crazy, yes, but true.

So... with that said, I hope everyone who goes out to see the film tonight has a grand time! I sure will. There may not be tears now but come July, it just might be a different story. Haha


PhotobucketPhotobucket










Briana

5 comments:

  1. ooh. i am going tonight. I fully expect to cry. In fact, I know I will - I always cry in books & movies.. and oh wow. Harry Popper has made me cry sooo many times. I think the worst was with Sirius and Dumbledore. And of course Fred. Oh Fred. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit Sarah, I may just cry for Fred. And Dobby. haha We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post... i don't want it to end!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I'm not the only one who is scared to grow up. You basically read my mind with this post thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleasant day to you,

    Reading the series to my boys.

    I hope you have an extremely wonderful and thankful day no matter how you spend it.

    Please do stop by anytime for a spot of tea & currently I have a giveaway as well and sign up for a new 2011 reading challenge if you find it worthy.

    Happy Turkey Day,
    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!