Saturday, November 27, 2010

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.


Okay, this imm is going to be about a month's worth of books--get ready (ok not really, it's not that bad). I've actually done pretty good this past month! I'm trying not to spend as much on myself as I normally would, so we'll see how that goes. (hah!) Also, I was supposed to be doing this IMM post as a vlog, but I broke my darn camera. So now that I can't talk your ears off over the internet, this post is going to be sort of a transcript of my commentary because I'm sure you all know I have a big mouth and talk way too much. At least when it comes to books.

Anyway...


Photobucket
Purchased:

-The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I really love boxed sets and since I haven't read the series yet (I know, I'm probably just about the only one), and was in dire need of retail therapy (school sucks, you guys), I went ahead and made myself happy. I cannot wait to read these over Christmas break!

-You Are Not Here by Samantha Schutz
First off, THAT COVER! So pretty! This book's been on my radar for a while and even though the reviews aren't as amazing as I thought they'd be, I decided that I needed this book anyway! It looks great and I usually trust reviews from my favorite bloggers, but there's always some instances where I feel no matter the review, I have to see (or read) it for myself.

-Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
Love this cover as well! ... Even though it's of two people making out. Apparently I'm into PDA now...? haha Whatever. It's cute, admit it. And it sounds totally great!

-Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Just finished reading this one and HOLY AKHDKJGGFIDI:F!!! ... That is all. Expect my review sometime this week My review is here. (That was a good "HOLY AKHDKJGGFIDI:F!!", by the way)

-Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
(pronounced Oak-ler, fyi. I hear so many say Ahk-ler... I don't mean to be a pronunciation freak, because trust me, I suck, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.)
Not gonna lie, I kind of squealed when I saw amazon was shipping this one out early. At least I think it's early since the release date says December 1. Anyway, I'm super excited for this one because I looooved Sarah's debut Twenty Boy Summer, and this one looks just as amazin'.

-Stork by Wendy Delsol
This is actually a book I don't know much about, but as you know, I'm a sucker for a pretty cover. It's really shimmery and Nightshadey lookin' and we all know how much I loved Nightshade (specifically um, Ren), so I picked it up!

-Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Already read and really liked it. My review is here. In case you're, you know, interested. :)

-Ghost Town by Rachel Caine
I got this one the day it came out, but it was stuck in shipping so I missed it in my last imm. Anyway, I love this series. I really need to catch up on it because I haven't read like, the last three, but I know Rachel's a pretty awesome cliff-hanger writer, so I'm glad I got a line-up of them to read.



Photobucket
For review:

This book sounds pretty great, and again, I like the cover. And I just realized, it's of two people kissing! I feel like I'm beginning to sound like a creep. haha

-Spray by Harry Edge
I've seen mixed reviews over this one, but overall it looks like a light, interesting book. And it sounds original--extra points for that!

Many thanks to In Group for these! I love love love you. I even thought of you on Thanksgiving--totally serious. I'm a dork.



So that is all I got. And I am currently getting ready for December. I have more pre-orders this coming month, than I've probably ever had. I'm excited.
Hope you all received great books, feel free to share so I can go comment!





Briana


17 comments:

  1. Hey now where is your video missy?! lol
    AHHH Forbidden! Great description!! :)
    I got Not That Kind of Girl a while ago but still haven't read it yet, we'll have to add that to our to be discussed list! haha
    Oh my gosh you HAVE to let me know what you think of You're Not Here!
    Oooo The Beginner's Guide to Living looks awesome!
    I LOVE you how thanked In Group on Thanksgiving! That totally made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke my dumb camera! (Which everyone found hilarious. Not me! Grr)
    haha And I decided not to do it on my macbook because it makes everything backwards! I seriously think this is a sign from the world that me + vlogging= no. lol Maybe some other time! I'm trying to see if I can fix my camera bc I love it & refuse to get another. We shall see!

    But yeah, I'll definitely let you know what I think of YNH & YES to another discussion! I haven't messaged you on fb because I haven't been online much. I'll do it soon.

    And I thanked every source for review books on Thanksgiving! They make ME smile with every package! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You got so many great books. Forbidden is one I've been curious about, but kind of scared to read it because of what it's about. It seems really interesting though so I'll definitely be looking forward to your review on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not the only onw who hasnt read the Mortal Instrument series. I haven't either I do have the first book but I loaned it to someone. Anways good selection of books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Fixing Delilah, it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pics this week! I'm doing a Book Bloggers Holiday Bash Giveaway that starts on the 5th and I'll be giving away LAST SACRIFICE! I seen the widget so I thought I'd let you know! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books you got this week. Stork looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you and me are the only two who haven't read that Cassandra Clare series. I borrowed my first book by her from the library, and hoping to start it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not seen either of the two you've got for review before. You've had a great mailbox there. I hope you enjoy them!

    I am your newest follower. I've added you via my dashboard page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great IMM this week! I have the Mortal Instrument series but I havent read them yet lol...I will get around to it soon...I hope. Hope you enjoy all your reads! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/in-my-mailbox-kinda-9/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super jealous about Fixing Delilah! I've been meaning to get my hands on that for a few weeks now. Hopefully soon! :)

    I'm super glad I found your blog through IMM. I'm a new follower too :) I see that you're a PR major- I recently graduated from college with a PR degree and now I work in the industry. So, yay! Hi!


    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the Mortal Instruments first 3 books on my TBR, enjoy all your loot and sure do hope your camera can be fixed!


    My Books this week if you have time to stop by

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! I NEED to read Forbidden now! Ahhhh! I can't wait for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books this week, a couple of those are waiting on me to pick them up.

    Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/imm-13-deb-week.html

    And don’t forget to enter my book-a-week giveaway!

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/second-hand-saturday-3.html

    Blessings,

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, great IMM! Have fun reading!

    Have you seen my 2011 YA Reading Challenge? You should sign up!

    http://whatsyourstorybookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/350-page-books-2011-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Toledo! You are going to be a busy girl:) Drop by and see my much smaller list at http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower!!! Yeay! I love IMM. My to-reads list is growing by leaps and bounds today!!! Hope you will stop by mine!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!