Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (18)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.


For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her sister as a siren, the highest calling a mermaid can have. But when her sister runs away to the mainland, reportedly to elope with a human, Esmerine is sent to retrieve her.
Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily through the streets of New Sweeling. There, she will come upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood - Alandare, a boy, now a man, who belongs to a winged race of people. Together, Esmerine and Alandare put aside their differences to find her sister, and in the process discover a love that cannot be bound by land, sea, or air.



Ohmygosh. If you know me by now, you know I tend to love a good, pretty cover. It isn't often however, that I come across one that strikes me as something I MUST HAVE THIS SECOND. Seriously. When I saw this book's pretty face and then read the synopsis, I pre-ordered it. Just like that! I haven't read many mermaid books (or um, any) so I am looking forward to this one that much more--it sounds so great! I must say, the only problem I have with it is it's release date (June 7, 2011). I'm such an impatient person--next summer seems like forever away! But judging the cover, it looks to me like it'll be worth it.


So that's the book I'm longing for, what's your pick this week?




Briana

5 comments:

  1. A very unique read with a different style and draw of the usual novels I read. I agree GORGEOUS cover. I might have to read it for that aspect alone. I haven't ever read a mermaid book either, but this definitely has a powerful force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I have seen this one around a couple of times, but it wasn't until today that I read the synopsis. It does sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is beautiful! I added it to my TBR pile as soon as I saw it lol

    If you would like to read a mermaid book (before next summer) try Hannah (Daughters of the Sea, #1) by Kathryn Lasky. I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this cover is amazingly beautiful! Seriously June 7th is way too far away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these kind of books, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!