Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers


Photobucket

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?


There are some books I can’t wait to read and then there are some that I can’t wait to read. Fall For Anything was that story.


Courtney Summers is one of my absolute favorite authors, that’s no secret. I know some people have had a hard time liking her main characters, but I however, do not share that problem. I love them and all their evil bitchiness. So I was surprised and a little excited when Summers announced that her main character in FFA is quite different than her others--she’s not a mean girl.


While I certainly agree Eddie isn’t half as bad or mean as Parker and Regina, she definitely has a similar tongue. Her biting remarks whether to Beth or Milo, constantly made me laugh out loud (which may or may not make me a horrible person) and that’s exactly what I love about Courtney Summers’s novels. She takes realistic situations and makes them realistic stories. Humor, heartbreak, drama and all. This is the sort of novel that can so easily get turned into a typical sob story, but it’s not. It couldn’t be further from that.


Summers captures the essence of grief and loss in every way down to the haunting question--the question Eddie will stop at nothing to find the answer to: Why? Why did her father commit suicide?


The ending is one I could have foreseen were it not for the fact that I wanted to know, wanted to desperately find out along with Eddie, if there really was an answer to that question. But, of course, life isn’t that simple. And neither is death.


With Cracked Up To Be and Some Girls Are, Courtney Summers proves she is a master at contemporary YA and Fall For Anything is no exception. This is an amazing, heartbreaking novel of grief, loneliness and vulnerability.


Rating:

Fall For Anything is in stores today and I HIGHLY suggest you go pick up a copy! You will fall for Fall For Anything. (I know, I know! But I couldn’t help myself.)






P.S. If you haven't entered my December contest, be sure to do so for a chance to win ALL of Courtney's novels!





5 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm not familiar with Courtney's work, but your passion for it makes me want to run out and buy the entire backlist. I think I'll wait on that and start with FFA -- it sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! I can't wait to read this one! It should arrive on my door step some time today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad l just came across your site, l LOVE it!
    Thank you for the giveaway, l keep seeing this author around and l haven't yet read any of her books.
    Thanksss!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeks! So excited to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot of good things about this book and I am itching to get my hands on it! Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!