Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Challenges!


Hey guys! Hope you're doin' swell and the new year's treating you well so far. (Hehe I feel like rhyming, ok?) Anyway...
Since there seems to be a ton of 2011 challenges out there, I decided to tell you about the ones I'll be participating in this year. (Hopefully you will too!)

Photobucket

Awesome fellow blogger Reggie from Undercover Book Lover is hosting the super great 2011 YA Contemporary Challenge and invited me to join. Since YA Contemporary is a favorite of mine, I thought this challenge would be quite doable and pretty easy. (Reading all the books I've been looking forward to = Challenge? Sign me up!)

The rules are pretty simple and the goal is to read at least 13 YA Contemp novels this year. (For more details, visit the Challenge page.)

My Challenge list:
-What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
-So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti
-Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
-The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
-Love Story by Jennifer Echols
-Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
-Will Work for Prom Dress by Aimee Ferris
-Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
-Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin & Brendan Halpin
-Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
-Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altenrando
-Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
-The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy
-Forever Summer by Alyson Noel
-Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

I don't wanna brag, but isn't that list AMAZING?! It is.
So head over to Reggie's blog and sign up!


Apart from that, I've also decided to make a personal goal and challenge myself to read at least 75 books this year. To some, I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but for a college student who soon may or may not be transferring to a school about 1,000 miles away from home? Well, let's pray I can get some reading done.


Are there any challenges you guys are doing? Anything you want to recommend? Want to shoot me some motivational advice? I'd love to hear!




2 comments:

  1. That list IS amazing! I haven't heard of a few of them, so I will be on Goodreads later to look them up :)

    I am doing the DAC challenge that Kristi, The Story Siren, is hosting this year! SO excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great books! Wow, they sound soo interesing! Good luck!

    I just wanted to stop by and say that I have given you and your blog The Stylish award! This is the link for the post:
    http://lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-and-teaser.html

    Congrats!
    -Lulu the Bookaddict
    www.lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!