Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Updates and a few Announcements!


Hello all!
I know, I know. I've been pretty horrible at blogging lately--but it wasn't entirely my fault! And I'm not just making excuses. My internet's been out for more than a week and then there were the holidays and all that, so... yeah. YOU MUST FORGIVE ME.
Anyway. I have a few important-ish things to say, so if you don't mind, read on...

1.) I hope you all had a very Merry/Happy Christmas and an awesome-not-too-hungover New Years Day.

2.) I hope you've all been staying warm and reading as many great books as you can. Lemme tell you... I'm trying my best to do as much reading as my eyes will allow, but it's still not enough! Seems like I barely made a dent in my TBR pile. :( Maybe you guys have been more progressive than I!

3.) I picked a winner to my December Giveaway and they have been notified. (Congrats Serena @ Pensive Bookeaters!) As I said before, if you didn't win, I strongly suggest picking up a copy of Courtney's novels anyway. I promise you will love her. And I'm planning a few other contests that should be up shortly, so keep a look out!

4.) After a lot of thinking, I've adjusted my rating scale. Okay. Let me explain. You know how there's some books you really like (4-4.5 stars), then there are some you love (5 stars) but then--then there are some that are just BLOW-YOUR-SOCKS-OFF GOOD? Well, yeah. Thats how I feel sometimes. When I'm lucky. Anyway, I figured 6 stars sounded kind of dumb, because I mean, who has 6 stars?? (No offense if you have 6 stars in your rating.) So I decided I needed something that differentiated the super great, super amazing books from the SUPER GREAT, SUPER AMAZING BOOKS. So I decided on... *drum roll*... a Gold Star. What does the Gold Star mean? It means this: Gold Star = 5 stars, only better. Confused? Well, it's basically the best of the best. Any book that gets a Gold Star from me, automatically means it is one of my favorite books of all time. Serious business, I know! But there have been a few books popping up lately that I feel have deserved the title.

5.) School's starting back up soon, so I'm not sure how exactly my blogging will go, but I just want to thank all my followers thus far. This year is going to be amazing as far as books are concerned, and I'm going to do all that I can to keep things interesting and fun around here. Including trying new things like maybe embarrassing myself with a vlog...? We shall see.

So... that's just about it.
Expect a few reviews soon and maybe a couple of memes later this week!



Briana

3 comments:

  1. I like the gold star idea... I have a 5+ for my above amazing books! Hope you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging!

    I just ordered my first Courtney Summers novel, & probably never would have if you didn't talk about how much you love her. I figured I should give her a shot. I'm excited to try her out!

    And good idea on the gold star - definitely better than 6 stars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you! :)

    And Liz, I'm so glad to hear that! Definitely let me know what you think of her--she's great! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!