Sunday, May 29, 2011

In My Mailbox - (18)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.

I got some books over the past few weeks (Buying all these was in no way retail therapy and had nothing to do with the fact that I was stuck at home while everyone else partied it up at BEA. You know, just to clear that up... Ahem.) ANYHOO... I'm reeeally excited for all of these, so let's get to it (Psstt... you can bet your bottom dollar I will be in NYC next year. Take that, school!).




Purchased:
Graveminder by Melissa Marr - Um, this book sounds freakin' great. Love that cover!
Shift by Jerri Smith-Ready - I planned on reading Shade stat, but couldn't until I had this one ready to go as well. I'm anxious to read it, since I know these books have hardcore fans.
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton - Dude. THIS COVER. It feels really good. Also, I'm sure the story is great too, but you can never go wrong with a pretty cover. ;)
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott - LOVED this book. Had an ARC, but needed my own purty, finished copy! (Still working on my review, but it should be up soon. ish.)
The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver - Looks promising and I hardly see futuristic books that are paranormal.
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach - I thought I had bought this one when it was released, but guess what? I thought wrong. The amount of new releases I want each month is so overwhelming, I can't even keep up. (Is this a sign???)
Watch Me & Aces Up by Lauren Barnholdt - If you read my One Night That Changes Everything review, you shouldn't be surprised to know that I've been on a Barnholdt kick lately. And believe it or not, I didn't have these two of her novels. Changed that!


For review:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - As soon as I saw that this was a ~spooky book AND that real photographs were going to be incorporated into the story, I was sold. So glad to get this one!
Thank you, Eric and Quirk books!!!



So. What did you guys get? Anything great? Also, any of you go to BEA? How was it? 

Let me know! :)

8 comments:

  1. I loved Shift and yay for Lauren Barnholdt. I loved One Night That Changes Everything and am looking forward to reading her other books. I also just bought Watch Me this weekend. Enjoy all your new books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking through your list saying, I want, I want, I want lol.

    I do have some of those on order and pre-order, including Miss Peregrine. I do hope it's a good one. It looks totally spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow =)
    What a great week and l am the same as Karen (Slowest Bookworm) l was going through doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing Blood Magic everywhere. I've got one ordered from Amazon but it's bundled in with pre-orders so I have to wait for them.

    Here's my IMM for the week

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice, but diverse selection of books. Come visit me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally want to read Graveminder, Blood Magic, Wake Unto Me, and The Demon Trapper's Daughter.

    They all sound totally awesome.

    Great books this week and I hope you enjoy them!

    Meghan at Books and a Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT?! Blood Magic is out?! *runs to Borders*

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Uhm, Casey...did you BUY a book?? *raises eyebrow*)

    Graveminder! I got this at BEA and I am SO EXCITED to read it! I've only heard amazing things about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!