Monday, June 27, 2011

My Summer Reading List (I AM alive!)

As we're now "officially" in the summer season (though, since I live in Texas, it's pretty much summer year round) I thought I'd put up a list of books I plan on reading sometime in the next two months. Also, if you haven't noticed (which I kinda hope you did...), it's been a little slow around here. And by slow, I mean completely dead. Usually summer time is when I get caught up on everything-reading, blogging, friends, but this year's been different.

So, I'd just like to say sorry for the absence and I will totally make it up to you in the coming months, including a big 'ole blogoversary celebration I have planned. Bree's Books is going on two years, and to me, that's definitely worth celebrating BIG for. ;)

Anyway, without further adieu, my summer reading list:

Next up for review:
A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Harry Potter 1-7 (I just recently started rereading the series and hope to finish before the LAST movie! There will be tears in that theater.)
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando
Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (I still haven't brought myself to read this one! I know Dessen's a-book-every-two-years pattern, so I'm desperately trying to delay the withdrawal I know I'll have.)
Love Story by Jennifer Echols
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Below are the series books I'm going to begin. I've had most for a while, but didn't read them specifically so I could read them now when I had the sequels to read back-to-back.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Shade by Jerri Smith-Ready
Shift by Jerri Smith-Ready
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Fire by Kristin Cashore


Any of these books on your list? Do you have a summer reading list? Have you read any of these already?
Let me know what I have to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also trying to finish the Harry Potter series before the last movie. I'm in the middle of Order of the Phoenix right now.. I cannot believe it will be the LAST movie. I'll need a bucket to fill my tears! lol(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIGHT?! My mom thinks it's funny I'm getting all worked up about it ending, but the fact that the first movie came out when I was in the fourth grade and is finally ending now-just before I turn 20-is not something I find amusing.

    It's going to be so hard. :/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!