Saturday, September 3, 2011

I HEART September

I really do. Which is surprising because normally, I hate it. It probably has something to do with school usually starting, the end of vacation, getting back into routine, etc, etc. Luckily for me, I'm taking this semester off from college. It was sort of an unplanned decision/mistake that I was upset about at first, but I figure I need to make the most of it. And it does help that all my friends--who are currently in their second and third weeks of classes--are already stressing like crazy. Definitely not missing that!

But ANYWAY, I ramble too much, so getting back to my point!! I <3 September for multiple reasons.

1.) We're getting THAT MUCH CLOSER to summer's *official* end. This weather sucks, you guys. I know everyone's feeling the heat, but here in south Texas it's especially painful with the average temperature in 100s DAILY. Wahhh... As much as I love autumn, I say we skip it altogether this year and head straight into winter!! I am ready. Cardigans, hoodies, boots, and scarves-- COME TO ME!!!

2.) TV's Fall Line-up is actually awesome. I'm not much of a tv watcher, honestly. But it's nice that the few shows I do watch (The Biggest Loser, How I Met Your Mother, Supernatural) are coming back soon. Especially now that I can actually watch them without feeling like I should be studying for whatever test I had coming instead. (HAHA, like that ever really stopped me!) Plus, have you seen the previews for Ringer or Revenge? Or how about The Secret Circle? I can't wait to see how those turn out.

3.) BOOKS, BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS <3 Um, has anyone actually looked at AND counted the releases for this month?! I have. And lemme tell you... WE ARE IN BOOK HEAVEN. Not only are there plenty, but they're all some of the most anticipated of this year. Well, at least for me. The list is long, but I broke it down to the ones whose goodreads page I've stalked all year like nobody's business.




Every You, Every Me by David Levithan
This book sounds psycho creepy. And I love it. I've seen mixed reviews so far, but I'm dying to read it for myself! I heard that there are pictures incorporated and though I'm not sure exactly, I'm imagining it somewhat along the lines of Miss Peregrine's. I hope so because that book is awesome (from the bit I've read so far)!


Frost by Marianna Baer
Another creeper! I'm really into psychological thrillers and I hear this has plenty of ~thrills! Eeek!


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I initially never paid much attention to this title until I actually read the description and OMG!! Go read it and tell me it doesn't sound amazingly unique and promising! I just hope it's as good as it sounds.


As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
Scott fangirl here! I've read and loved almost every one of her books and not only is she a great writer, but have you seen many other authors' books as diverse as hers?? I think not. I'm excited to see how different (and awesome) this one will be!


I've seen nothing short of glowing reviews popping up left and right for this one! If that many people (whose opinions I trust) love it, well sign me up!


This one intrigued me from the very beginning. From its premise, it's definitely different from the books I usually read (in a good way), and I hear the world-building is supreme, making it a must-read!


The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
First off, love that cover!!! It's so pretty and sparkly, I'd probably buy a copy just to stare at it. But superficialness aside, it sounds great and have you seen the inside??? I'm a sucker for maps.


The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Well, first off--it's MAUREEN JOHNSON. I think she's one of the few people whose work you don't even have to sample, to know you'll like it. I mean, just follow her on twitter and you'll understand. That, and well, a modern day Jack the Ripper??? Done and DONE.


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I'll bet you there's not a single YA lover/blogger out there whose September to-buy list does not include this bad boy. Seriously, I'd win some big bucks.

AND.....



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
OMGOMGOMG. Not to sound like a fanatical dumbass (too late, obv), but OMG!!! I just finished reading this one a few days ago (working on the "review" now) and I am STILL thinking about it. Pre-order it, buy it on its release day, check it out from your library- WHATEVER. Just READ THIS BOOK ASAP. It's my favorite 2011 debut thus far, and my favorite 2011 novel PERIOD. Love it. And Noah. Omg.


If September goes half as well as I'm anticipating, I will be one happy camper. This much excitement for one month is rare and I am not used to it. (Wow, I sound lame. I HAVE A LIFE I PROMISE! ....just not a very exciting one...)


So. Anything in particular--book, show, event--you're looking forward to soon? Got any of these books pre-ordered like I do?? Let me know!



2 comments:

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!