Wednesday, December 7, 2011

While I was gone...

I’m baaack! Oh, how I've missed you so! <3333 And ok, you’re probably sick of my absence tangents by now (I know I am) so I’ll just spare you all my lame sad excuses for being a very, very BAD blogger and let you know that while I was away I did actually do some reading. Some books were the OMFG-I-WANT-TO-MARRY-THIS-AUTHOR kind of good and others... not so much. 

I’m a little short on time at the moment to write my usual full, thought-out, ~oh, so eloquent reviews (hardy-har-har) but I have A LIST! I will most likely write reviews for these when things aren’t too crazy SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS SHORT POST. 
Anyway, the list.
BOOKS YOU NEED TO READ:



Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe
Not sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was, I was completely surprised by this debut. And ok, I was kind of going through a weird ballerina fascination phase, but if you like realistic contemporary AND happen to be a dancer, or are just easily fascinated by them like me, this is a book for YOU.



How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
When it comes to great, thought provoking stories, this woman never fails to BRING IT. Another amazing book, I WANT HER BRAIN AND TALENT. (I also just realized I've never reviewed a Zarr book. SIGH. I need to fix that stat!)



Amplified by Tara Kelly
Upon first glance, I thought it seemed unique enough and it had potential, but WOAH. I'm loving all these refreshing tales lately, not gonna lie... READ IT. (Also, how can you not love this cover?)



Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala
Gritty and intense, THIS is a book you need to go out and buy as soon as it's released (Jan 3). I know I'm being annoyingly vague, but trust me and do yourself a favor and pre-order. Right now.


... I see a pattern here, do you??? (I <3 contemporary, what can I say.)

Now for the paranormal lovers out there...



Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Such a great take on mythology! I STILL have yet to read Cabot's Abandon (it's somewhere in my TBR pile), and now I'm itching to even more (as well as other mythology retellings)! You all know how hard a time I have with paranormal romance, but I had hardly any complaints with this one. That says something.



Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule
I love witches. I love ghosts. Throw 'em together and I am sold! I feel like indie authors definitely don't get the credit or attention they deserve when it comes to their work. So don't let the fact that this is an indie sway you away. If you're looking for a good one, you just found it.



More later.

P.S. I hope you all have been well and are staying warm & cozy so far! It is FREEZING here in TX at the moment and I am dyyying. Off to do more Christmas shopping! :/ BRRRR



2 comments:

  1. I'm reading How to Save a Life and it is very good. I like Mandy a lot. But then I like Jill too. Don't Breathe A Word sounds very good. I've seen a lot of people feature that book on their blogs. Great books! Thank you for sharing them!

    New follower! YAY!! ^_^

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!