Thursday, March 15, 2012

TAG- I'M IT (Book Blogger Tag)

First off, thank you, Katie @ Call Me Crazy Reviews, for tagging me! I don't usually participate in these tags because I'm always either lazy and/or lame. Nonetheless, I thought doing this one would be a nice change up!


So, here goes...


The Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them


1. What is your favorite thing that you do on your blog? Reviews, Memes or a special Feature?
Definitely reviews! I mean, the main reason I started blogging was to get my thoughts out of my head and out somewhere, to someone--anyone, who would listen. So, yeah. Besides that though, I do love memes! IMM and Waiting on Wednesday are really fun, as is Top Ten Tuesday. I try not to get too carried away with them though, because they are addicting and I don't want to clutter up my blog with them too much, and no reviews. (Keeping up with reviews is def the hardest thing to juggle, at the moment.)






2. What is your go-to book for recommending?
Honestly, it depends on the reader. But generally speaking, I'll always be a Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen pusher; you can't go wrong with any of their books. Those two ladies are THE QUEENS of YA and are probably the reason I became obsessed with the genre in the first place. 



3. Who to you is the most swoon worthy character?
Oh, Katie... You know this answer! But for those who are reading this and who may not know by now: Alex, Alex, ALEX. Yes, THE Alex of Lauren Oliver's creation. He's my book husband, just so you know. Well, him, and Michelle Hodkin's Noah Shaw who is probably my favorite british boy ever. OH! And then there's Adam from If I Stay/Where She Went.

....Those are my Top 3, but my list could most def go on.


4. How often to you go to the bookstore?
Not very often, I'll admit, especially since so many of my local bookstores closed down, so now I do a lot of my book buying online. (Which is SO much more dangerous, lemme tell you...)


5. What's your favorite book-to-movie adaption?
I could be generic and say Harry Potter. And while they are some of my favorite movies, here are a few others that are worth checking out:


-Keith - based on the short story "Keith" by Ron Carlson
Yeah, it's not an actual book, but if you're a fan of A Walk To Remember, you should enjoy this one. It's a bit more realistic, too.
-Tuck Everlasting - based on the book "Tuck Everlasting" by Natalie Babbitt
Read the book in middle school and don't remember it much, but I fell in love with the movie.
-10 Things I Hate About You, Clueless
Ok, technically these two aren't exactly adaptations, but they're retellings of sorts. (10TIHAY = Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, Clueless = Jane Austen's Emma) They're not only great movies, but imo, cult classics! If you haven't seen them, you're either a.) living under a rock for the past 15 years, or b.) were somehow just recently born. Either is no excuse, so go do yourself a favor and watch them NOW.


6. What are a few of your favorite YA Book Blogs?
Well apart from my blogger friends, I'd say anyone whose blogs I first started reading. That would be: The Story Siren, The Compulsive Reader, Book Chic, and the others on my blog roll.



7. Do you like stand alone books or books in a series more?
If you asked me this question a few years back, I'd say series, but lately I feel like there are hardly any books out there at all that aren't part of a series, and while that's great for the stories we love and the characters we can't let go, sometimes they're unnecessary (I'm pretty sure 10 books for ONE conflicting issue aren't needed) and it would be nice to just know the ending!



8. What was your favorite book when you were growing up?
HUGE R.L. Stine fan here! The Fear Street series was my favorite! As well as the Bailey School Kids chapter books. And of course, Meg Cabot was what started it all!


9. Paperback or Hardcover?
Hardcover all the way! I am totally one of those people obsessed with the condition of their books and hardcovers just hold up better/longer, etc.



10. How do you keep your place in books? Dog ear, book mark, etc. 
Ackkkkk! Like I said, I'm a little weird when it comes to the condition of my book collection, so just the thought of dog-earing makes me all kinds of anxious, not to mention highlighting! D: Ugh. Definitely a bookmark lover! That said, I use various things as "bookmarks": receipts, post-its, coupons, fragrant paper samplers, you name it!



11. If you could dress up as any literary character for Halloween, who would it be?
Not gonna lie, this question has me stumped. I seriously have no clue. I guess I'm lame, but I've never been a costume person. haha







If you haven't participated in this tag and would like to, PLEASE do so! I'm on a bit of a time crunch at the moment so I can't tag anyone specifically, but if you decide to do it, let me know in the comment section so I can check out your answers!

1 comment:

  1. ALEX! YES!! *swoon* Totally with you on that one!
    I was SO scared of the Goosebumps books when I was growing up! My first grade teacher was reading one about a marionette or something like that to the class and I came home and couldn't sleep without a light on for at least a week lol!
    Meg Cabot was one of the authors that got me into YA too! I loved her Princess Diaries series when I was younger!
    I'm totally obsessed with a book's condition too! Hardcover=the best :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!