Saturday, March 3, 2012

TBR - March Edition

IT'S SPRING BREAK MONTH!!! I AM SO EXCITED.

Am I going on some lavish, exotic vacation? Nope. Unless you count my bed at home, which I guess I do... So YAY! Going home = reading. And reading = HAPPY BRIANA. And HAPPY BRIANA = lots and lots of blog posts. Hopefully.

But seriously you guys, I need some happiness in my life. School has been a real pain in the behind this semester and there's honestly nothing I'd rather do for a week, than read and do pretty much nothing else. Except I kind of miss my treadmill... so there's that.

But anyway! Here is the list of books I'm hoping to going to read very very soon.



-Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
-Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

These two ladies are stopping by a city near me next month and I'm hoping to attend, so I figure I better get to reading their work. Super excited too, as I've heard nothing but amazing things about them!



-Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
-Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Again, heard SO MANY GREAT THINGS about these two. And a lot of the praise has come from YA-haters, so... yeah. That speaks volumes.



-The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour
-Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
-The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

I'm a lover of ANYTHING-YA but above all, my mad passion is for contemporary and from what I've heard, these books are some of the best of the year.



-Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
-Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

If I actually read the previous six (as planned) and have some extra time, I'm hoping to FINALLY read these, as I've been dying to for what seems like FOREVER. Hopefully it happens!


So that's my list! Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think? I'd love your thoughts/opinions/reviews!



P.S. This is my first month signing up for RAK, so if it's your first time as well, leave your wish list in the comments and I'll see what I can do! :)

My wish list can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. Wowza! What an AWESOME list! I just got Shatter Me and it's on me list to read, I've had Daughter of Smoke and Bone forever and still need to get to it, and I'm reading Unearthly right now (very good so far). Cinder and Graffiti Moon were excellent reads! Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Briana! I LOVE Shatter Me! It's one of my all time favorites! The writing, characters and setting are just so incredible! Once you read it we totally need to have a discussion about it, I hope you LOVE it! I also read TSPoLaFS and thought it was such a cute read!
    I can't wait to see what you think about Graffiti Moon, Under the Never Sky and The Disenchantments! (Okay really all the books here too haha!) I read Hold Still by Nina LaCour and adored it so I'm hoping her new book is just as good! Awesome TBR pile for March, Briana! I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear Unearthly, Cinder, and Graffiti Moon are good! Especially Unearthly. I'm not the biggest fan of angel books, but I've heard it's pretty much the best in that category. so I have high hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie: Yes!! I've seen the crazy love for Shatter Me everywhere, but I remembered specifically that you liked it, so it's the book I'll be reading next. Looks like we'll be having a double discussion! :)

    And of course, I will def. let you know how I like the rest!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!