Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite YA Covers

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish




This week's topic: Top 10 Book Covers

I thought about how I'd go about this and eventually decided on a few of my favorite YA covers.




1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
2. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
3. One Night That Changes Everything (original, ARC version) by Lauren Barnholt

I absolutely love the dramatic, dark feel to all these. And though, ONTCE's cover got changed, I understand. Judging by that cover, you'd expect a really heavy story, but anyone who's read the book knows it couldn't be further from that. (I may or may not have totally purchased the ARC when I saw it at HPB because I needed to own that cover.)




4. Delirium (original, ARC version) by Lauren Oliver
5. Matched by Ally Condie
6. Bumped by Megan Mccafferty

Lovelovelove that these are actually relevant to the story, and even symbolic in ways. Delirium: if you've read it, you know there's a passage in there about the birds. Matched: Obviously, this one's quite literal and signifies the bubble Cassia's trapped in. Bumped: Well. Does this one really need an explanation? haha Cover artist = GENIUS.



8. Wither by Lauren Destefano

This one was one of my absolute favorites last year. It has a really pretty, whimsical feel to it, much like the book.



9. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

Again, a cover artist made of AWESOME. They totally win for representing the book as accurately as possible. I mean, seriously. Can you look at that and NOT figure what it's about?




10. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Love the gothic look this one has. There aren't many covers without girls in pretty dresses stamped on the front, so this one definitely stood out to me. Still sad about the makeovers.


So, there ya have it!

Of course there are far more books whose pretty faces I love, but I thought I'd play by the rules and limit myself. Other contenders: Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray (a girl in a pretty dress, yes, but better than others), Graveminder by Melissa Marr (Spooky, gothic and southern; Love it), The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (Definitely creepy, but in the best way possible), and Zombies vs Unicorns (I seriously don't know a single person that doesn't like this cover).


What are your top10?


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous covers - my favorite from your list is Imaginary Girls - and I loved the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore all of these covers! I agree with you about liking the original ARC covers of Delirium and ONTCE, they were so awesome originally! I totally love the cover of Beauty Queens for all of the reasons that you said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely covers, adore them all:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these covers as well. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Beauty Queens are my favorite covers. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!