Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spring Cleaning (in the summer) !!


Okay, so now that I’m settled at home for summer break, I decided to take the plunge and attempt to clean off my bookshelves in order to make room for all the others that are sure to be keepers. 
Just FYI, these are all either books I’ve read and weren’t exactly my cup of tea, or books I’d purchased WAY back when with the idea that I’d, you know, READ THEM, but that obviously never happened, and to be honest, I don’t foresee myself reading them any time soon (or er... ever). There are also a few that I’ve read and loved, but have doubles of. Anyway, the point here is: CONTEST TIME. My loss is your gain, people!

Books up for grabs (these are all in new, pristine condition, by the way):






Summer reads
The Daughters by Joanna Philbin
Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
The Last Song (mass market pb) by Nicholas Sparks

Paranormal sequels
Vampire’s Kiss (book 2) by Veronica Wolff
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Hades ARC by Alexandra Adornetto



Paranormal/Fantasy
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Melody Burning by Whitely Streiber
Books 1-3 in the Immortals series by Alyson Noel
Hearts At Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia McKillip


I’m thinking of having multiple winners with the idea that the first winner gets first picks at what they want, second place gets the next selection and so on, until nothing’s left.
My only rule is just that if you win any books, you try and review them (blogger or not). I had all intentions of doing so myself, but some of these are seriously years old and my TBR/review pile isn’t what it was back then. I now have what I call “priority reads”. So I’d really appreciate them going to a person who will spread their honest opinion on them, just as I was going to.
To enter, please fill out the form. (Yes, I still use forms because I’m old school and also, I don’t like rafflecopter very much or it doesn’t like me. But that is a whole other story.)


Following my blog isn’t necessary, but very much appreciated!
Ends July 8th (@ 11:59pm if you wanna get technical)

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I will most likely be updating this list. Only one shelf was cleaned. Blahhh

Good luck!!!


Oh! And if any of you would like to answer a few questions for me... (extra entry as an incentive because I am not above that. Just talk to meeeee!!) 
What do you do with your books once you’ve read them? Keep ‘em? Even if you didn’t like it? Do you make the time to read/review older books? LET ME KNOW YOUR SECRETS.




3 comments:

  1. I have a Kindle, so I read and delete. I also borrow from the library. If it's a book I own in hard copy, I read it and pass it on. I am pretty picky about what books I keep, especially as I'm trying to downsize clutter and junk from my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the big deal with raffle copter? I see a contest with it and immediately will not enter. I do not like it. I do not likeit at all. Give me google docs any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome! This is what I like best about garage sales, finding gems in things people don't want!

    As for keeping books, usually I keep books unless I don't like them. But that usually only happens with ARCs as I do a lot of research before I buy books! If I don't like the books I give them away, either on my blog or to friends. But it is hard for me because I lurve them so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!