Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer, COME TO MEH!!!

Summer is OFFICIALLY HERE. At least for me, anyway. School is officially out, making me Official Summer Nanny to my brothers. Which I’m sure they totally love. Ha! 
Anyway, along with summer comes reading! Again, at least for me. They’re just two of those things that seem to go hand in hand with one another, like pb&j, popcorn & a movie or a tub of ice cream and a bad break-up. Neither is complete or wholly satisfying without the other.
That said, after some intense analyzing of my bookshelves and figuring out what I have and have not read as of yet, I’ve come up with my annual summer reading list. Hopefully this year I’ll stick to it. So, without further adieu....



1. What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
I pre-ordered this bad boy the minute amazon listed it, but never got around to reading it, so naturally, I decided to save it for when I was in dire need of it. Because in case you don’t know, that’s what a Dessen book is: a cure. It’s on par with a bowl of chicken noodle soup, a box of dark chocolates, and a bottle of painkillers, whose abilities as we all know, is to make ALL THINGS BETTER AND GOOD AGAIN. That’s the power of Dessen, you guys.


2. As Much Meg Cabot As I Can Possibly Fit Into This One Summer
You all should know how Swimfan I am for Meg, but believe it or not, there are still a few books of hers that I have yet to read. BLASPHEMY, I know. I plan on remedying this very soon.



3. Moonglass and In Honor by Jessi Kirby
These just squeal I AM AN ULTIMATE SUMMER BOOK, which you know, is kind of mandatory for um, summer.



4. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Also had this pre-ordered, but well, I think we all know by now that I fail at reading as of late. Anyway, this book is always recommended for those who liked The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and WE ALL SHOULD KNOW how I felt about that lovely masterpiece. So I am EXCITE!



5. The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour
Another Ultimate Summer book.



6. Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando
This lady knows how to write and I would know, since I like to think I have great taste and I’ve LOVED her previous books. (For those who haven’t read her, think Dessen and Elizabeth Scott) Excited to finally get to it! P.S. I want to live in its cover.



7. Shade Series by Jeri Smith-Ready 
The amount of love for this series is like, borderline extreme, which obviously must have some merit to it, so I am ready get in on the crazy!



8. The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt
One of my favorite authors EVA!! She knows how to bring the drama, make you laugh, make you swoon AND care about the characters. All in ONE BOOK, people! I mean, when you think about it, those who acquire that talent are few and far between.



9. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
Another of my faves! Courtney’s kind of notorious for having not-so-typical-aka-likeable main characters, but I LOVE THEM. Seriously. Being in the mind of an average, smart, pretty but has NO IDEA she’s pretty, ~misunderstood girl gets tiring. So when another Summers book comes along, I pounce on it. I think I need a shirt. One that declares: I <3 bitchy, but awesome female characters. OH! And this one HAZ ZOMBIES! Like, I don’t even know. A CS book is amazing on its own, but throw in zombies and I’m just expecting to enter a whole new level of stalkerfan. (I’m totally kidding. Kind of.)


10. Miracle by Elizabeth Scott
Scott is a staple in good, quality YA. Not only is she a great writer, but she’s versatile too! From fun contemporary, to realistic contemporary, and even a paranormal book under a pseudonym, this woman can basically do anything. Looking forward to reading (and loving!!) this one as well.
If you’ve read any of the above and enjoyed, loved, hated or COMPLETELY DESPISED, let me know. Throw your comments at me! And if there’s a book out there that you feel MUST BE ON THIS LIST that isn’t, by all means give me the title!! I’ve been away from reading and blogging so long, I need a KYPO* book.
*Knock Your Pants Off

2 comments:

  1. These all sound great. I'll definitely be adding some of them to my summer reading list. I'm jealous that you have the entire summer to read - treasure it because when you graduate and college comes and you work, summer goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to suggest to you the book called When Summer Comes Again by Danielle Lorenz! it is an amazing book i just finished reading it and the whole time that i was, i could not put it down!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!