Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Recommended Beach Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Broke and the Bookish.



This week's list is consisting of my "Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads" picks. Listen, if I have a favorite kind of read, it's a beach one. I LOVE them. So, I had to share.

Note: I pretty much love ALL of these books and figured they'd be especially fun with a view like this along with an umbrella drink in your hand. However, if you're like me and your paradise this summer will look a little more like this, rest assured these reads can also be enjoyed just as well in your good ol' warm bed or on your comfy couch.


1. Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot 
Any of her books can qualify as a summer read, but this one actually takes place in the summer.

2. Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
It's hard to pick favorites when it comes to Scott. She's such a diverse author now, but this was her first "edgy" read, I guess you could say... And I loved it.



3. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols 
ALL of her books are must-reads, but this one is def. my fave.

4. Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen 
Everyone should read every single Dessen book, especially This Lullaby, but this one was my pick since it seems like every summer my insomnia comes back and since the main character is an insomniac, it fit.

5. Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Mad love for Barnholdt! This is the book that started my crazy fangirl tendencies for her. :)



6. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
What I call the Ultimate Road Trip Book.

7. The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell
Think John Tucker Must Die, only not only does the main character grow a conscience like in the movie, but she actually falls in love with the test subject. Draaama!

8. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Ultimate coming-of-age summer book.




9. Getting Lost With Boys by Hailey Abbott
If you're in the mood for light, fun, cute reads, Hailey Abbott is the way to go.

10. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Definitely one of the very few 'paranormal' series I love.



What are YOUR top ten beach recommended reads? Any we have in common?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!