Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (24)

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

By now, I'm well aware of how much like a broken record I sound, but just so we're clear, I've been a little (or... a lot) out of the loop with bookish news, but ANYWAY, here is the book I would basically give a limb for. You know, if you needed one and wanted to trade...




The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Two days after Mara walks into a police station in Miami at the close of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, she is committed for psychiatric treatment for what her parents believe is a mental breakdown. But what seems like a hallucination to everyone else is a chilling reality for Mara. Someone from her past has discovered her strange, disturbing secret and that someone wants her to pay. But she's about to discover that the price is more than she can bear.


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was my absolute FAVORITE book last year, so it's kind of a given that this is only my MOST ANTICIPATED BOOK OF THIS YEAR, but I just like to stare at its cover. And I never posted it on here once it was announced, so I thought I'd grace you with its pretty again, for fun, because I'm sure you've seen it already.

(Side note/not-so? funny story: When The Evolution's cover was released, I was in the middle of class and since I sat in the front row (it was Bio, so figured that would be a good spot since you know, I kind of suck at ALL science and that way I'd be forced to pay attention... yeah, didn't really happen in case you were wondering, case in point obv), and it was the one class where you're forbidden to use your phone, so I wasn't able to sneak a peek under my desk as I would have in any other lecture. Like, I know it should go without saying that phones are kind of a no-no in class, but hello it's college and people do it anyway, but noooo, this professor wasn't having it, and would literally embarrass you in front of the entire class if she caught you using it. ANYWAY, since I'm like, swimfan #1 for Noah Shaw Mara Dyer, I HAD to see the cover as soon as it was announced, so I ran out of class like there was basically a fire and loaded the webpage on my phone, which takes FOREVER, btw and... yeah. I <3 this cover and it was totally worth it, even though I couldn't comment asap because it took long enough just loading, and when I went back and took my seat, I ended up getting as many weird/wtf looks as I would have if I'd been caught by my professor. siiiigh @ my life

/The end.)

Now, if you're one of those people who STILL has yet to read this/meet Noah Shaw, and keeps saying, "yeah, I'll get around to it eventually...YADDA YADDA YADDA", here's a few of my favorite (non-spoilery) quotes I picked out, to make you change your mind and start it ASAP AKA NOW.



“You smell good," he whispered into my neck. He was warm against me. Instinctively, I arched back into him and smiled. 
"Really?""Mmm-hmm. Delicious. Like bacon.” 


“You told me I smelled - like bacon."
"Well," he said evenly. "That's awkward.” 


"My God, you're like the plague."
"A masterfully crafted, powerfully understated, and epic parable of timeless moral resonance? Why, thank you. That's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me," he said. "The Disease, Noah. Not the book.""I'm ignoring that qualification."


Now, off you go! And then you may come back here and fangirl with me once you've finished.


The Evolution of Mara Dyer will be released on October 23, 2012.

What are YOU waiting on this Wednesday?


1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good. I love books that suck you in and really let you get attached to the characters.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!