Friday, July 27, 2012

Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman


Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

When high school junior Natalie-or Dr. Aphrodite, as she calls herself when writing the relationship column for her school paper-is accused of knowing nothing about guys and giving girls bad relationship advice, she decides to investigate what guys really think and want. But the guys in her class won't give her straight or serious answers. The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boy boarding school in town. There she learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected-especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?


I've been on a beach read roll lately and I can tell you that if you're in the mood for a good laugh and some fun, this is the book to crack open!

I love these risky undercover concepts, but this book takes it to the next level with a hysterical and sassy main character, a totally crushworthy guy and so many LOL shenanigans; seriously, the entire time I was reading I was either cackling or WTF-ing at the far-fetched schemes Natalie and her friends were attempting.

The only slight gripe I have is that since Natalie, or should I say Nat, is supposed to be an actress, I would have liked to really see that since I wouldn't really guess that's where her talent lies given all the ridiculous slip-ups she made throughout the book. Squealing in front of the boys and freaking out over the urinals is funny and understandable the first couple of times, but after that, take note and contain yourself, girl! Though, I will cut her some slack simply because of the fact that fortunately, I have never been in her position of having to pretend to be boy for a whole week with a sock in my pants (my personal fave lol moment), and I can only imagine that it must be a lot harder than it looks.

So yeah, this might totally be She's The Man in book form, but even its predictability makes it no less funny or entertaining.

Definitely a fun-in-the-sun book!


Photobucket



1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad you like this one! Haven't read it yet (or seen She's the Man - I know, depressing, right?), but I plan on it very very soon! :)

    Great review!

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!