Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Vivid Worlds and Settings

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


I have to admit, this week's topic is definitely a good one. I'm more of a character loving person when it comes to what I enjoy most and particularly look for in a book, so this one made me think. Anyway, tough as it was, I still managed to come up with five. So without further adeiu...


1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
THE QUEEN of world building. I mean, they built A FREAKING THEME PARK out of it. This one's a given.


2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
If you've read this and did not have the urge to pack up your bags ASAP and fly to Paris to meet your own St. Clair OR get the biggest, most insatiable craving for crepes and macaroons... WELL THEN. You deserve a pat on the back. (Or a St. Clair and macaroon of your own, because REALLY? How can you not crave that?!)

3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I don't think I'm alone with the opinion that this is by far, one of the best--if not the best--vampire series out there. Distinguishing vampire tales nowadays is difficult with the whole lot of them blending into one another, but Richelle Mead excellently created a world that contains kick-ass characters and lore that is unique, interesting and well-developed.


4. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
Not only do we get a pretty vivid look at the parties, dresses and society of Victorian England, but the danger, magic and creatures from The Realms as well. SO GOOD.


5. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
To be honest, what made the setting in this series stand out for me was the Capitol, which reminded me a whole lot of something out of Willy Wonka, and the games themselves, which was definitely where Collins' creativity shown through.



What are YOUR top ten fictional worlds?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!