Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oh hey, it's mail day (IMM - 22)


In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren, which was inspired by Alea from Pop Culture Junkie.

...Not really, but this was supposed to go up yesterday, and since that was obv a failure here we are now YAY!

This is basically all that I've received throughout the entire month. This of course, was my birthday month so I may have overdone it a little, but while most people tend to overdo it with certain *things* on their 21st birthday, I'm the psycho book hoarder, which I'm sure you all understand (hopefully). ANYWAY. Onto the books!



Sorry for the crappy picture, but do you know how hard it is to get a decent snapshot of nine books stacked? 

Contemporary FTW

The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp - Ah, I've been wanting this book for, like--seriously--FOREVER. You guys know I love my boy protagonists - especially the good, realistic ones! And now I finally have it! Which is about time too, because the movie is really getting going last I heard.

Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar - Another one I've been DYING to get, but fishpond (which was the only place to buy it since it's an Aussie book) hates me, and my order would get all fussed up every single time I placed an order and UGH it was horrible! Thankfully, it recently got published in the UK so I ordered it off the good 'ol trusty Book Depository. Can't wait to read it!

Something Like Norma by Trish Doller - I thought I had bought this when it was, you know, RELEASED but couldn't find it anywhere on my bookshelf when I was in desperate need of a reread, so I bought it. Of course, afterwards I found my original copy, but it's ok because now I have TWO and that makes me happy because my love for this book is that great. 

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard (signed) - This has been one of the most talked about contemps this year, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Especially since it has illustrations throughout it by Hubbard, herself! It's hard enough to just write a book imo, but also draw? Um, yeah - kudos to you, ma'am! I can't even make good stick figures SOB

Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard (signed) - I can't even remember the last time I read a book that didn't have any sort of romance in it, and as much as my sappy-self loves some fun lovey-dovey action, I'm really excited to read this one - I've heard AMAZING things.

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley - After reading numerous raving reviews for this one AND knowing it had a male MC, I had to get it.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I've been iffy on this book since everyone that's given it rave reviews has also loved Pushing the Limits and... well, I definitely wasn't the biggest fan of that book. But it's a different book AND author, so I finally caved into book-lover peer pressure and decided to give it a chance. Hope I love it as much as you all seem to!

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews - This one actually first caught my eye with its cover and after reading the synopsis, I HAD to get it. And now that I'm seeing more reviews filter in, it seems to be as good as it looks, which makes me ever more excited to read. Also, YAY for another boy protagonist!

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley - I read Crowley's Graffiti Moon and enjoyed it, and then I heard her debut is even better. Can someone tell me what's in that Aussie water?! So many of my absolute faves (people, not just writers) are Australian - I choose to believe it is not coincidence.




Paranormal reads that I hear are actually REALLY good

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - Already read and AHH. SO good! 

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday (signed) - It's been said that if you like Veronica Mars, you'll like this, and well, I LOVE VMars, so this buy was a no-brainer. And it was signed!  

Posessed by Gretchen McNeil (signed) - I've been interested in this book since I'd first heard of it and as it's a paranormal book, it really stood out to me from all the vampire/werewolf/faery books that never go away. Glad to have it now!




Because I guess I am an OFFICIAL adult now

The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan - You know an author is talented when you read the FIRST PAGE of their book and love every single word already. This book's been on my To-Buy list for a while, so when I saw it on sale this was my face: :D :D :D

Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie - This book has been on my wish list since I was, like, 16 years old. I remember coming across it and it sounded SO CUTE. Every now and then I get in the mood to read a book whose MC is of drinking age, or at least out of high school, so I finally have it! And I'm especially excited because I hear it's one of Crusie's best!

Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie - Another wish list buy!




For review/traded

Every Day by David Levithan - It's David Levithan. Expecting great things!! Thank you, Knopf!

Because it is my Blood by Gabrielle Zevin - I have book one which I hear is great, so maybe the fact that I've now got the sequel will kick my butt into reading them. Thank you, Macmillan!

Ten by Gretchen McNeil - Already read! It wasn't quite as amazing as I'd been hoping, but still good. Working on my review now.




Spoilin' my kindle

Easy by Tammara Webber - Reading this one now and reeeally liking it. From what I've read so far (I'm about halfway through), I'd totally recommend it to anyone that's interested in New Adult. (FYI, it's only .99 freaking cents right now, too!) 

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey - I've heard mixed things about this one, but it's FREE on amazon at the moment, so I had to get it - who knows, I may be the among the half that loves it. If you haven't snatched it yet, you really should.



So that's mostly it. A pretty successful birthday, I'd say. :)


What books have you received lately? I'd love to know!


2 comments:

  1. GREAT mailbox!! :D Yay for "My Life Next Door" - what a great book. And I got "Every Day" as well...I'm intrigued!

    Have fun reading! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Psycho book hoarder" - Yep, totally understand :) The only book I've read from your pile is ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD and I agree, it's SO good. I've had GIRL OF NIGHTMARES since it came out, but haven't read it yet. I need to get on that ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!