Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books Read While Blogging

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


While, I've always been a reader, having this blog and interacting with other book bloggers has definitely broadened my interest in different genres that I hadn't explored before, and in that I've discovered quite a few books I ended up loving that I would have totally missed out on had it not been for many of you people! So THANK YOU. And here are a few you should totally look into if you haven't already...


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I remember taking note of this title months before it was released because it sounded pretty good and it because it was a debut. Little did I know it was going to be one of my favorite books of all time.


Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
This debuted when I was less annoyed/bothered/tired of ~paranormal romance and I pre-ordered it right along with Before I Fall so they'd both arrive together during my spring break. I'm thankful this book came out when it did because it's one of my absolute favorite series and I'm not sure I would have bought it if it were released later as I'm a little more weary of this genre nowadays.



Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Not only would I have been iffy on this book because of its content, but I probably wouldn't have even heard of it had it not been for all the lovely international book lovers. I read this before it was published in the U.S. and LOVED IT. I mean, as much as one could "love" a book as heartbreaking as this one...




Jellicoe Road (and basically everything else) by Melina Marchetta
After hearing literally, ALL GOOD THINGS about this woman and her books, I was so sure I was going to join the ranks of Marchetta fans and... I was right! Or rather, you all were. You guys definitely know good books.


The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
What's funny about this is that I had started buying these books ever since they had been coming out. However, around the same time these were beginning to get a following, so was the House of Night series and of course, I often got them mixed up. I'd heard some negative things about HoN (only I didn't know it was directed towards HoN) and always pushed these books to the wayside telling myself I'd give them a chance later. Fast forward to summer of '10 and WOAH - major conflicting fangirl emotions. On one hand, I was kicking  myself for not reading them sooner, on the other, I was thanking the heavens I'd waited long enough to read them that all I reeeally had to wait for was the last book. Unfortunately, that's basically the most torturous wait in my eyes, so kudos to you all who did it FIVE FREAKING TIMES. I wouldn't have survived.



Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I'm not big on werewolves (got Jacob to thank for that! GRRR), but this was getting LOTS of buzz at BEA 2010 so I decided I'd chance it and give it a try. It was one of my favorite reads of that year and I don't care what anyone says, I'm SO looking forward to Cremer's more... adult books set in the Nightshade world. ;)





There are SO MANY more books I've read and loved throughout this blog's lifespan, but these were some of the most notable; whether it was because they ended up as all-time favorites, taught me to be a little more open-minded when choosing a book, or pleasantly surprising me and my wolfish prejudices (hah), I definitely hope this list continues to grow even more throughout the coming years. And again, while these were the ones I chose, if you're truly interested in what I've read & loved, just browse my reviews here - lots of my love is documented. :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved JELLICOE ROAD, too. It's such a unique and amazing read. Glad I'm not the only fan :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!