Saturday, September 29, 2012

In My Mailbox (24) - "Book-buying Ban" Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.


I think I did pretty good this month considering I was on a "book-buying ban". Or... maybe not, since the whole point of a ban is to NOT buy. But whatever. I have problems.



Purchased
(because clicking 'submit order' on a site that has all of your cc info stored really is just too easy and not good in the reach of a crazy book lady like myself...)

If I Lie by Corrine Jackson - So freakin' excited for this one! I loved Trish Doller's Something Like Normal and despite the military aspect, I don't think they're any more related than that, but I keep grouping them together for some reason, so I'm going with it and taking that as good sign - I hope I love this one just as much.

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg (signed) - I was iffy on this one as I've heard really mixed things, but decided what the heck - it looks cute! Must-own criteria, you know.

I'll Be There by Holly Sloan Goldberg (signed) - Haven't heard much of this title, but the little I've seen has been nothing short of crazy, raving reviews. And I am so looking forward to it because you know I love my contemporary!

The Time Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky (signed) - This book is simply gorgeous and even more so in person. I've been meaning to read more middle-grade too, so win/win.

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (signed) - Had this wish listed, never bought it, finally did - the end. I can now cross it off the list of one million books I need to own and add it to the list of one million and one books I need to read. Never-ending cycle here!


(Not pictured)

Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols - It's Jen Echols. No further explanation needed, only an apology for not buying this as soon as it was released in July; I was swamped.

Spellbound by Rachel Hawkins - Finally completed my set! I'm a hardcore Sophie/Archer fan and I think the reason I've put off buying/reading this for so long is because this series is seriously one of my favorites ever and I'm just really scared/nervous/excited to find out what's going to happen to Archer and Sophie everyone. I recently found out via Rachel's twitter that there's a spin-off in the works, which prompted me to man up, take the plunge and... hopefully I'll get to this soon. (PS if you've read it, thoughts???)

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake - Read Anna in August and LOVED it.



For review:
The Liar, the Bitch and the Wardrobe by Allie Kingsley





Gifted:
Frost by Marianna Baer - Thanks to ARCycling and Andrea!

False Memory by Dan Krokos - Thank you, Rochelle! You rock.



What did you get in your mailbox? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. The Catastrophic History of You and Me looks really good and I've only ever seen praise. That's awesome that you got it signed!

    Enjoy all of your new books! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catastrophic History looks soooooooo cute! :D <3 Can't wait for your review!

    Revolution...it was weird...it's the only book about the French Revolution I've had to DNF cuz...I dunno...it was weird. But I hope you like it much more than I did! ;)

    Oh, and btw, sounds like we have pretty much all the same problems. ;) I've never ever attempted to do a book buying ban. Cuz, I know right from the start - it's useless. ;)

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I gotta see your If I Lie review! I just <333 Corrine Jackson. She's a local author & I'm excited for her other book Touched.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!