Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (29)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.



Beauty is a beast, and it's been making Lexi's life miserable. Her mother is spending all the family's savings on her sister's beauty pagaent "career" -- and her sister is only seven years old. Then there are the girls at school who think their appearance gives them the divine right to everything -- including the boy Lexi has a crush on. Lexi's always been on the periphery -- the girl best friend, the girl who guys never think of kissing, the girl with "the great personality." But enough's enough -- Lexi is going to stop wallflowering and start blooming.


I really enjoyed reading Elizabeth's modern take on Pride and Prejudice with her sophomore novel Prom & Prejudice, so before I even knew what this one was actually about, I added it on Goodreads. Now that it has a summary, I'm looking forward to it even more! Like the main character, I'm also a bit of a wallflower, and with the mention of pageants, I can't help but laugh and sympathize since I have a cousin who let's just say is a very enthusiastic participant in "pageant life", and well, who doesn't love watching Toddlers in Tiaras? I'm kind of addicted. Don't judge. Either way, this looks like a great coming of age contemp and I can't wait to see if I'll like it even more than Elizabeth's previous books!

Not to mention, what a kick-butt title! I approve.


Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality will be released March of 2013 by Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!