Monday, October 1, 2012

My ~Spooktacular October

(Excuse the cheesy title, I'm sick and can't come up with a cute, clever one)

I usually save what I buy for the entire month, to feature in my monthly IMM post, but I like to change things up every now and then. I'll still be doing my monthly IMM, but in addition to that, here's my batch of books that I WILL conquer within the next 30 days.

October is one of my favorite months; the weather calms down a bit, the leaves start to fall, my favorite tv shows come back and of course, there's Halloween.

I'm a bit of a supernatural/paranormal/horror freak - I love anything to do with anything remotely related to those things - so I decided what better month to celebrate it!



Starting it off...

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - Not really a horror book, I know, but it's supposed to be a great suspense/mystery and thrillers like those often tend to be even scarier at times, and... well, honestly, after hearing SO MANY GREAT THINGS about this book, I made up those excuses for myself because I just had to have it.

Annnnd... I couldn't help myself, I already read it and LOVED it. It was beyond what I thought it was going to be and so... twisted. That's the word I've been using non-stop, to describe this book.



Let's get SCURRED!!

The Shining by Stephen King - As a self-proclaimed horror fan, I understand that not reading a book by the king of horror himself, is pretty blasphemous so I am remedying this. It took me a long while to decided on which of his million (seriously, this man is like an evil horror genius writing machine) books to start off with, and since I love the movie and hear this is one of his best, I chose The Shining. Classic.

and, lastly...


My Recurring I'm-just-going-to-space-this-one-out-so-I-won't-get-so-scared-and-wet-the-bed Read of the Month

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski - This is a book I added to my wish list literally YEARS ago. You know, one of those books you say that you'll read some day, "I'll get to it eventually", yadda yadda yadda... well, I've *finally* decided that that time is NOW. I also decided to have this as the book I'll be reading all throughout the month. It's 800+ pages so I highly doubt I'd be able to read this in a sitting or two, even if I wanted.




So there you have it! Are you planning on reading any creepy, spooky books this month? Have you already read any of these? Let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. The Shining (movie) scared the living crap out of me! I couldn't imagine reading it. Happy spooky reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!