Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (1) - The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Teaser Tuesday is hosted/created by MizB from Should Be Reading.

This is my first time participating in Teaser Tuesday, so I thought what better way to get the ball rolling other than starting it off with a helluva good one! For this week's snippet, in celebration of my most anticipated book of the year's release next week (which I was fortunate enough to already read), I'm giving you a taste of one of my favorite scenes from The Evolution of Mara Dyer, book two in Michelle Hodkin's Mara Dyer trilogy.

Teaser:

When I woke again, it was still dark. But Noah was still next to me, and we were still in bed.

I was tired but relieved. "What time is it?"
"I don't know," Noah said, but his voice wasn't thick with sleep.
I drew back to look at him. "Were you awake?"
He pretended to stretch. "What? No."
I rolled over onto my side and smiled. "You totally were. You were watching me sleep."
"No. That would be creepy. And boring. Watching you shower, perhaps..."

I punched him in the arm, then snuggled deeper under the covers.


-pages 179-180, from ARC

*Cue collective sigh from Noah lovers everywhere* I KNOW. Can you not wait? ONE MORE WEEK, EEP!

9 comments:

  1. Great Choice! I loved that scene, well it has Noah in it, how could I not?

    My Teaser comes from Scorch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser--bet he was awake.

    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuesday-teasers-3-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I haven't read this series, but I love him already... great teaser!

    My Teaser comes from Taking on the Dead by Annie Walls...

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Noah!! I missed him so much! LOL Seems he is definitely still his old self. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Thanks for sharing. :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with these books, but this one sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser...this sounds good. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-101612.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool teaser! I need to read this book. Here mine: http://booksarefabulous.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!