Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is your top ten Halloween reads, my favorite! I've been doing my best to read/review books that seem festive enough for the month, to feature all throughout October, but here are a few that I've read in the past and that I totally recommend.


1. The Anna duology by Kendare Blake
Perfect series for all the Supernatural lovers out there. And if you haven't hopped on that bandwagon, go buy the first two seasons and have yourself a Cas-Sam-Dean lovefest marathon while you're at it. You'll thank me.

2. Mara Dyer books 1 & 2 by Michelle Hodkin
There's probably not a topic you could give me where I wouldn't find a way to include this series, so just go read them now. (Book two is out today, YAY!)

3. This is not a Test by Courtney Summers
It's Courtney Summers. And zombies. Do you need to know anything else? If you do, here you go.

4. The Bad Girls trilogy by Katie Alender
Creepy storyline, fantastic MC, and a great cast of supporting characters. This series doesn't have the hype or following it deserves!

5. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
All who are heartbroken over the cover change raise your hand! Seriously, though. :( I haven't actually read it yet, but if this month could go on for a couple more weeks so I could fit it in, I'd change that.

6. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot
I've been known to take advantage of any sort of reading theme just for an excuse to read some more Meg Cabot. Also, this series has a super hot ghost, so duh. Read it.

7. Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz
If you like Mara Dyer, you may love this one. A group of kids decide to spend the night in an asylum and freaky things go down. I'd describe it as The Breakfast Club meets House on Haunted Hill.

8. The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
This series has generated mixed feelings from all sorts of readers, but I read it way back when - before it came out, as an ARC - and really loved it. Maybe the hype hadn't hit me, tainting my expectations for it, but whatever; I'm actually really looking forward to the movie. Plus, Kami and Margie were some of the first authors I ever met in person, and they were super nice and so awesome.

 9. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Victoria's writing really makes this book for me. It's very... Idk. The only word I can think of to describe it is lush. And the setting was perfectly creepy. I'd describe the story as part Darkness Falls, part Sleep Hollow (Burton version).


10. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Another witch book! Is my obsession with witches starting to show? I thought it was excellently eery and since I love historical fiction, this was an obvious winner. I really need to get the rest of the series asap!



So what are your go-to recommendations for Halloween-themed reads? Do we have any in common?

5 comments:

  1. I've only read Anna Dressed in Blood and Mara Dyer from the books you mentioned and loved them both too. Awesome list!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been intrigued by Prophecy of Sisters and I've just not got around to it. Looks like a perfect time of year for it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supernatural! Such a big fan of the show. Adore Dean. Adore! :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read Born Wicked! The Near Witch looks really good and creepy too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Def wanna read Born WIcked.
    Feel free to check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesdayhalloween-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!