Saturday, November 3, 2012

In My Mailbox - Best Month EVA Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, which was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Not going to lie, this month was AWESOME. October is my favorite month already, but add in the release of some of my most anticipated books, the fact that I got to attend TBF this year, *finally* watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Pitch Perfect, and basically, was able to act like a real human being with a social life - all was well.

Lots was added to the shelf this month, so we'll just jump right in!



Won:
Ballad and Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (signed!!!) - THANK YOU, Flux books! You sure started the month off especially great for me. ALL THE HEARTS TO YOU!

Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans - Thanks Simon and Schuster & Shelf Awareness! So excited for this, because obv, it looks amazing, but also because Lenore is a blogger I've followed for FOREVER - hers was one of the first book blogs I started reading, so the fact that we'll be reading her work now is insanely cool.




For Review:
Splintered by A.G. Howard - A spin on Alice in Wonderland = A most anticipated 2013 release. It even came with an adorable key necklace that matches the one on the cover, how cute is that?! I am so excited, you don't even know. Also, YAY for Texas authors! Thank you, Amulet/Abrams. You rock.

Louder Than Words by Laurie Plissner & The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab - I'm really excited for F+W Media's new imprint, Merit Press, and what better way to celebrate than read and review two of their debut titles! Both of these sound great and unlike anything currently out there, so I am ready! Thank you, Merit Press!

Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell - Thanks, St. Martin's Griffin!
Easy by Tammara Webber - Thanks, Berkley!
Bitter Blood (Morganville 13) by Rachel Caine - Thank you, Penguin/NAL!




From Netgalley:
Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt - AH!
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - Looks SO cute!
Dualed by Elsie Chapman - EEP!

Thanks, Netgalley, St. Martin's Griffin/Press and Random House!



Pre-ordered, signed:
Live Through This by Mindi Scott - Bought this one from Elliott Bay Book Company, a Seattle-based awesome super-indie who held Mindi's book launch event. Unfortunately, I live in TX so I was unable to attend, but I figured ordering a signed copy would be the next best thing! Super excited to read LTT, it looks amazing and reviews have said it's nothing less.



Crappy picture is crappy, I know, I'm sorry.
Texas Book Fest haul, all signed.
Some I already owned, but took along to get signed. Others I bought especially for/at the event. (Recap soon, btw! Working on it now.)

Thanks to the Texas Book Festival for being awesome as always, every single author I encountered or met there - I love you all, and my mother for funding my trip because I am a poor college student. ALL THE HEARTS AND LOVE TO YOU!

***

So that was my month in books. Was yours just as awesome? Let me know, and leave a link to your post and I'll be sure to check it out!

Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. Briana! It IS so insanely cool that you have my book now! eeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already reserved it as my Thanksgiving weekend read. Cannot wait!!

      Delete
    2. Level 2 + turkey coma = you can't lose ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gooosshh!! You got so many amazing books, girl! I'm totally jealous of Level 2. It sounds like an amazing book and I'd love to read it! I actually just finished reading Splintered this weekend and it was really good! I'm sure you'll totally love it. I finished Dualed earlier this week and I have to say it really disappointed me. :( Huge bummer. I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

    My Stacking the Shelves - My First Physical ARCs Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yay, glad you enjoyed Splintered! And I've been hearing lots of mixed things about Dualed, so now I'm nervous. I'm hoping I'll still like it!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Love Maggie S! Lament and Ballad are really good. But seriously...you had a great haul this week!

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the haul! I know you will enjoy. Feel free to check out my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa baby, look at all those awesome books! I have Splintered through Netgalley, and hope to get to it very soon. I also want to read Easy.

    Happy reading :)

    Yay signed books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!