Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Fictional Boys I Wish Were Not Fictional

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is a freebie, so I decided to have a bit of fun and be a total teenage girl again by gushing over the boys that make me a wee bit envious of some of my favorite MCs, or supporting female characters. Let's begin! :D


 1. Noah Shaw - I think I should maybe (probably) be at least a little embarrassed by how much I love me some Noah Shaw, but I can't really bring myself to care. (I just realized that last bit is a line straight from the book. My fangirlness seeps through.)


2. Alex Sheathes - Oh, Alex... I don't care what any of you "Team Julian" people say. Alex 4eva and eva! (Also, Julian? Really? WTF. My heart can't take this.) 


3. Adam Wilde - One of my favorite characters ever, and WSW gave us his perspective, leading me to love him even more. If you'd like to read a book excellently written and extremely convincing that the character within may actually exist (even though it sadly gets your hopes up), this is the one to pick up.


4. Dexter Jones - My favorite Dessen boy. I mean, I love them all obviously, but there's just something about the clumsy, dorky, adorable musician that charms his way into crazy cynical Remy's heart that gets me as well. Also, if I remember correctly, when asked who would make a great Dexter, Sarah replied with Adam Brody, which again, if I remember correctly, is who (somewhat?) inspired the character. I mean, if you need any other excuse to love him, there it is! Adam Brody/Seth Cohen, sigh.


5. Travis Stephenson - Something Like Normal is another extremely well-written book from a male perspective, and my favorite 2012 debut. I seriously don't know how these ladies do it. This is a book that just oozes authenticity. He's a real, true boy - no super powers, or intelligent yet overly cheesy vocabulary. He has family troubles, girl problems and isn't perfect, but even so, you'll love him for it.


6. Marcus Flutie - I think just from the book's description alone, you can tell you've got a special one on your hands. But Flutie solidified his place in my heart with the line that still remains my favorite from the series, "I'd bury you." *swoony sigh*


7. Sean Kendrick - Oh, lawd. I loved The Scorpio Races for many reasons, and Sean Kendrick graces the top of the list. The romance in this book isn't as prominent compared to other YA novels, so if he can impress me with very little lovin' scenes, that says something, no? I think so.


8. Finnick Odair - Oh, my beautiful merman. To most fans, it's all about Peeta, Katniss and Gale, but for me, it's always been Finnick. His and Annie's love story made me all swoony and whatnot, and gave me WAY more feels than that previously mentioned love triangle. (And yes, in case you're wondering, I am still bitter towards Suzanne Collins over Mockingjay. *sniffle*)


9. Archer Cross - Everyone loves a good bad boy, but Archer is much more than your stereotypical jerky love interest. He's hilarious, and a bit of a smart-ass, but he suits Sophie well. They make the perfect pair.


10. Cas Lowood - I've made the comparison before because how can you not, but seriously. Take Sam and Dean Winchester and combine them together, roll back in time a dozen years, and you've got this boy.
Honorable mentions:
Any boy by Meg Cabot
Any boy by Lauren Barnholdt
Any boy by Elizabeth Scott
Any boy by Jennifer Echols

Ok, is it just me, or did you also notice how hot even their names are? They are wonderful. (Except for maybe 8-10. Those are... different. But still hot, don't deny.)


14 comments:

  1. Sean Kendrick! I was so in love with that boy while reading The Scorpio Races. He's one of the few characters that stuck with me long after I closed the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, same here! Love him. And Puck. And Corr. Basically just that entire book <33

      Delete
  2. I'm always a little devastated when I read an amazing book and remember that the male lead doesn't really exist. And I LOVE Finnick as well! He was one of my favorite characters. Damn you, Mockingjay!

    Judith @ Paper Riot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm really curious to see how Sam will play Finnick in the movie... If he does well, my heart will surely be breaking all over again in that theater. :(

      Damn Mockingjay, indeed.

      Delete
  3. Totally agree on Archer and Finnick :D

    I think I need to make my own list one day.. But there are way to many to choose between :/
    Not to forget the guys in Trylle trilogy by Amanda Hocking :P I loved those guys..

    And I love Peeta in Hunger Games aswell..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I definitely struggled choosing as you can tell with my honorable mentions that are kind of another Top 10 list altogether... ;)

      Delete
  4. great picks! and im currently reading Delirium now. the post we did for this weeks TTT is similar Check out our Top Ten Fictional Crushes Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read these books but I agree, there need to be more real fictional boys!!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, finally, another Team Alex! *high-fives* I seriously can't wait for Requiem to find out the cray that'll ensue after that killer cliffhanger in Pandemonium ♥

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, I saw *that* coming in Pandemonium. I just didn't know it was literally going to be the last page of the book. SOB

      And yes! HIGH-FIVES EVERYWHERE! Those Team Julian people need high-fives in the face because they obv aren't thinking clearly and need to be snapped out of it.

      (I'm kidding, BTW. I'm not really a violent person, I'm just feeling cheeky today.)

      Delete
  7. FINNICK! I still can't believe.. yeah, you know.
    And I haven't read Pandemonium yet, but I really like Alex :)

    TTT@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, Finnick. It still breaks my heart. And Alex! <333

      I like you. You clearly have good taste.

      Delete
  8. Ah, Archer and Finnick. Two great, great characters. Can't wait to see what Archer gets up to in Spell Bound =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Dexter and Adam! Great list :) I chose a very similar topic!

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!