Friday, January 25, 2013

Most Anticipated books of 2013

Yeah, this is basically a month late, but better late than never! I've been looking forward to 2013 for a multitude of reasons, but the following lists of books are basically why I'm already in love with this year. So anyway, I now present to you, the OFFICIAL LIST(S)!

Be sure to keep an eye out on the blog because you can bet I will be reading/reviewing every one of these (or trying to, at least) and featuring them on here. Also, there may be giveaways, too! I know we all love giveaways.


Debuts of '13
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
Uses For Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt
Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
Insomnia by JR Johansson
Starglass by Pheobe North
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (technically not a debut but her other book comes out only months before, so whatever - it counts to me)


Contemps of '13
The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
Just One Day by Gayle Forman - Already read this one and OHMYGOD. Read it now. Not only is it my first pick of my 'best of 2013' list, but it's seriously one of the best books I've read, like, ever.
Just One Year by Gayle Forman
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt
This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Golden by Jessi Kirby
All I Need by Susane Colasanti
Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin
Winger by Andrew Smith
When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney


Books that have no common theme (some are sophomore novels, others sequels or endings to a series) other than I just want them right now
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Requiem by Lauren Oliver (Already read and loved. Excellent ending.)
17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
Awaken by Meg Cabot
The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Invisibility by David Levithan and Andrea Cremer


What are you most looking forward to this year? Anything besides books? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning Nantucket Blue, Brie!! I can't wait to read the others you listed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love this list! Definitely bookmarking it so I can keep coming back to it throughout the year! Seriously almost all of these I want to read! You're so awesome Briana! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! This is going to mostly serve as a shopping list for me, referencing the books I need to buy throughout the year, so I'm glad someone else finds it useful!

      And right back at ya, though mine will be filled with nothing other than homework duty. Sigh. Gotta love the start of a new semester.

      Delete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!