Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Talk Wordy To Me (1)

Okay, so one of my New Years Resolutions was to be more active on here. I want to post more often, but let's be real, sometimes writing a thorough well thought out review isn't always what I find myself doing in my spare time. Sometimes I just really want to catch up on Supernatural, Downton Abbey, Revenge, or you know, read a book. And.... another obsession I seem to have is Tumblr. Yup, I think anyone with an account knows what I'm talking about. I follow a variety of blogs, that include all that interests me - from fashion to film, to books, fitness, etc... you get the idea.

Anyway, I think one of Tumblr's most reblogged posts are often quotes, most often book quotes. Which of course makes me all kinds of happy. Especially when I'm scrolling through my dashboard and I see a fashion blog that has nothing what-so-ever to do with books, reblog a Mara Dyer quote and it has one hundred thousand plus notes. It's really cool to see how much exposure a book can get just based on one single simple snippet. I know every time I come across a fabulous quote, I look up the book ASAP and add it to my ever-growing TBR pile. And I'm sure I'm not alone in this, so I decided what better way to share some book love other than sharing its words I love most.

So to get the ball rolling, and to start this weekly feature off, in celebration of its release today, here's one of my FAVORITE quotes from Just One Day by Gayle Forman.



Just One Day is in stores now. I HIGHLY recommend buying it/checking it our from the library/whatever - just read it - it's already one of my favorite books of this year, and well, ever.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the near heart attack you just gave me from this quote being my life right now. That was scary. I think my eyes just darted around the room to make sure I was alone. Now I need this book more than ever. Waiting for mail is THE WORST.

    My favourite quotes are the ones that are specific but universal, like this one. It could speak to exactly how one person feels but change a few words and it'll feel that way to a second person. The heart of it is something we can all identify with, or at least I can.

    Love this new feature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha FRET NOT, you will love it. I don't mean to scare.

      Yep, those are my favorites, too! I'm glad you like. :)

      Delete
  2. I seriously got a little teary eyed by just reading that paragraph. I NEED to read this book and now! It's sitting right by me and I keep making excuses why I can't read, this just gave me the push, thanks Briana! :D

    I LOVE this idea too and the title 'Talk Wordy To Me' makes me smile! Can't wait for your next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a free website where you can manage your book collection. I thought you might find it useful :)
    http://www.mixnode.com

    Thanks a lot <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!