Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stacking the Shelves/IMM (28) - Singles Awareness Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren, which was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga from Tynga's Reviews.

I know I said I wouldn't be buying anything for a while, but us singles should be allowed to treat ourselves every February 14th, so whatever. I went all out and bought myself everything that makes me happy: books and tea (also not pictured: magazines, new music and dvds. Yeah, I spoil myself.)

Gifted to myself, from myself:
Crush by Richard Siken
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I'm such a bad single buying only romantic books, huh? Ugh. But these are two I've been wanting FOREVER. And it wasn't intentional, it just worked out that way. Anyway, if any of you have not read Me Before You, DO IT RIGHT NOW. It's now one of my favorites ever.


Gifted to me from the super awesome Sarah:
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson & Smarties.
Been wanting to read this for like, FOREVER. Also, in case you're like me, when you think of Smarties the little chalky sweet tart-like knock-offs come to mind. Well, in Canada, the Smarties are like jumbo M&Ms. SO GOOD. Thanks again, Sarah! You are amazing.


For review:
Winger by Andrew Smith
Um, this is only one of my most anticipated 2013 releases, so I am EXCITED. Thanks, S&S!!!



So how was your week? Did you treat yourself like I did, or did you actually have a valentine? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Winger looks interesting! I will have to check it out on Goodreads.

    The Book Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got Tiger Lily this week. Hope you enjoy your haul.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard for Winger, I will have to check it out!

    Our StS@The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go and read Tiger Lily right away! :D It's one of the best books I've read in 2012. Heartbreaking, beautiful, fantastic :)

    Happy reading!
    Haul - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!