Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stacking the Shelves/IMM (32)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews.

Another great week in books! I ordered some online, then stopped at B&N yesterday because I was determined to buy something and I really wanted to use my Easter coupon. Yeah, I'm lame.


Purchased:
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
Every now and then, I crave something other than contemporary - I know, I know--hard to believe! But with that break, I want a quality book that I'll enjoy, not some annoying overdramatic paranormal lovefest that makes up most of the YA PNR section. So I decided on these two. Both are adult, but have MCs young enough that I can relate to. Also, I'm told romance isn't the main aspect of their storylines, so I'm already excited to read! Really looking forward to starting new series.

The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach - This one combines two things I love most - adult fic & baseball. I've known about it for a while so I'm excited to finally have it.

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - If you haven't heard of this one, you've probably been living under a rock like the lady at my B&N - she commented while I was checking out that she'd never seen it and it looked interesting, ha! I'm so anxious to finally read it.

Triangles by Ellen Hopkins - I've never read Ellen Hopkins before, but since I've been on an adult kick lately and this was a total bargain, I thought I'd start here.


E-books

Wait For You by J. Lynn - Okay, I should probably state right now that I'm not too big a fan of new adult titles. I've read a few so far, and they seem to all be the same and I wasn't impressed with any of them. Regardless, I've heard SO MANY good things about Jennifer L. Armentrout, I thought I'd pick this one up just to see what all the fuss is about. Thankfully, I really did like it. Color me surprised, I know. And I also think it's soooo much better than Easy, which I really did not like.



So that's all for me this week. What did YOU get?

4 comments:

  1. Darkfever by Karie Marie Moning looks good! I haven't read any of the Fever series yet, but I've heard only great things, and look forward to checking them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't like Easy either, but I'm SO happy to hear you enjoyed Wait for You, I'll have to check it out!
    We'll have to have a book chat about CNV when we both get around to reading it!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Briana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hecka want to read Code Name Verity and The Art of Fielding. I've been hearing really wonderful things about both of them. I'm interested in Triangles as well. I've read a lot of Ellen Hopkins' YA work, so I'm interested to see how she does with adult books. Enjoy your books! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Bree I absolutely love your blog design! Lori is just a genius, I love most of hers and Parajunkee's designs. I just couldn't afford them :(

    My STS

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!