Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (35)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

Since I haven't done one of these posts at all this year (IKR?!), I've picked out two books I cannot wait to read. And I mean it. I will literally abandon EVERYTHING when these books are released, so I really hope school in the fall isn't too harsh on me. Because that's just too bad. I've waited far too long to be put off from reading even longer by homework and essays. (Priorities, obv.)


Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.

Trish Doller writes incredibly real teens, and this searing story of love, betrayal, and how not to lose your mind will resonate with readers who want their stories gritty and utterly true.


I was completely blown away by Trish's 2012 debut, Something Like Normal, and I loved it so much, I will now buy ANYTHING this woman writes. It's THAT great, so if you haven't read it yet, go do so now. This one sounds just as amazing and I'm more than sure it totally will be. (Also, her Pinboard for it is really nice to look at. ;))

***

Jessica Darling's It List #1: The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to popularity, Prettiness & Perfection* by Megan Mccafferty

Jessica Darling wasn't nervous about starting Pineville Junior High. That is, until her older sister, Bethany, told her that entering seventh grade means that everything will change. Hoping to continue the "Darling Domination of Popularity," Bethany presents Jessica with The IT List: The Guaranteed Guide to Popularity, Prettiness & Perfection.

But even armed with her instructions, Jessica stumbles her way through the start of the school year and inadvertently becomes Pineville Junior High's mascot, the mighty New Jersey seagull. Totally not the type of attention-getting her sister had in mind.

New York Times bestselling author Megan McCafferty's hilarious series opener will have you laughing, cringing, and cheering for the inimitable Jessica Darling.


Just so you know, my love for Jessica Darling dates all the way back to when I was a sophomore in high school. I am now a junior in college and...yeah. It doesn't matter. The fact that this is a middle-grade book, chronicling the life of JD throughout junior high, will not stop me from devouring it ASAP. I've already got it pre-ordered. So excited to meet mini Jess!

*Cover not final. This was the only non-grainy version I found, btw.


So what are YOU waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. Lol. The Wow I went to before this one also had Where the Stars Still Shine. Crazy. Hope you enjoy both of these.

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!