Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stacking the Shelves/IMM (33) - The Last One You'll See For A While Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Lots of good stuff again this week, but I didn't buy anything scratch that, I totally bought some stuff (more on that next week), but none of these were it - these are all orders I made in the past few weeks that just chose to flow in at the same time. And after realizing I've gone a whole month participating in STS/IMM, it hit me that I really need to cool down on spontaneous shopping. Especially with lots of must-buys coming up soon.

So, here are some of the last books I'll be adding to my shelves (for at least a month, hopefully. I do suck at self-control)...



Purchased:
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danforth
This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Super excited for the latest Jennifer E. Smith - it looks so cute! I feel like I've been waiting AGES to read it. The rest were all spur-of-the-moment-Oooo-it's-on-sale-therefore-I-MUST-buy purchases, but they were all pretty high on my wish list so that's how I justified them.

Won:
Icons by Margaret Stohl

I really liked Beautiful Creatures and I'm curious to see how half of the writing duo does individually. Thanks, Little Brown books and Shelf Awareness!

***

So that's it for me this week (and probably for a while not really). Did you also have a great week in books? Have you read any of these? Let me know! And be sure to leave a link to your post so I can check it out.

20 comments:

  1. ICONS!!! WOW!!! So cool! I agree! I can't wait to try that one! Happy reading.
    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome you got Icons :D Shelf Awareness is amazing, wish the ads were open Internationally too though. Hope you enjoy all these amazing books! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hardly ever win SA giveaways, so this was nice. They should have their contests open for INT peeps - or even an INT SA newsletter altogether. That would be cool.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This is What Happy Looks Like is adorable!! I didn't love it as much as Statistical Probability, but it's still wonderful.

    Enjoy your goodies, and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. That's good to hear, esp because I have high hopes for it!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my STS! This Is What Happy Looks Like is on my TBR list, can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book haul! I just put Icons on hold at my library and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Come see my IMM post :)
    Have a great week!

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really, really looking forward to This Is What Happy Looks Like! I've also heard great things about The Miseducation of Cameron Post, so I think I'll have to pick that one up sometime soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also heard many great things about TMoCP, so I was sooo happy to score it for a great price. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great book haul for you this week! Lots of great titles. I loved The Golden Lily! Hope you enjoy your new books!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/in-my-mailbox-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally JUST got back from the bookstore where I got my copy of This Is What Happy Looks Like. I can't wait for the author to blow me away again. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! And same! I loved TSPoLaFS, but as much as I really want to read it now, I'll prob save this one for when I need a nice, super cute read.

      Delete
  9. I completely hear you on trying to not grow the book pile anymore. I already have a huge review pile and I'm almost stressing about whether I will get to them on time. I'd rather have fewer review copies and be able to read them leisurely than have too many. But it's so much to get new ones!

    Happy reading!
    Michelle @ Playing Jokers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed x100. But it's SO TEMPTING! Clearly I need help.

      Delete
  10. Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone is SO good. I loved it. It took me a while to get invested in the story, but when I did I was IN it. You know? I super want to read The Miseducation of Cameron Post and This Is What Happy Looks Like too. I just read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and liked it, so I'm interested to see about this next one. Enjoy your books (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. You know, up until I bought it, I'd heard nothing but positive things. It wasn't until I was waiting for it to come in the mail did I see some mixed reviews surfacing. But yay! I'm glad to hear this, thanks! Can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  11. Great blog right here! Additionally your website
    loads up fast! What host are you using? Can I am getting your
    affiliate hyperlink on your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    My homepage; Examples of email signatures

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time go to see at here and i am truly happy to read all at single place.


    Here is my page :: email newsletter templates

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your means of describing all in this paragraph is truly nice, every one be
    capable of easily be aware of it, Thanks a lot.


    my webpage - Free Email signature templates

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your site.

    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You've performed an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they'll be benefited from this site.

    Here is my website - creating email templates

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!