Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Talk Wordy To Me (5)

So... this little feature I started got put on the back-burner due to the obviousness that I haven't been reading a whole lot lately. It happens. Sometimes no matter how much I'd like to take a break from reality and escape with a nice book, I either can't or would rather relax a different way.

The revamp of it is due to the amazing book I recently read. I mention in that review that there was a quote (numerous ones, actually) that really spoke to me.

This one in particular however, hit close to home as I'm a pretty nostalgic person, always thinking of past memories and experiences, which tends to make me feel old, and in turn, tends to make me whine about how old I'm getting. Vicious cycle, let me tell you! We all do it, or will at some point. But this one excerpt - six lines, 36 words - took me by surprise and hit me right in the face. We are lucky. Growing old is something to be proud of, as it means we are still living. Something not everyone gets to do as long as they'd like. It's a privilege. And it's all a matter of perspective, which this book clearly gave me.

(click image to enlarge)
- Code Name Verity, pg. 114

If you haven't already, go out and buy & read Code Name Verity. Usually I'd just say read it, no matter how - borrow from a library, friend, whatever - but this is a book you'll want to own to add to your collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!