Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best and Worst Movie Adaptations

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


I love this week's theme, especially because I will be watching The Host today, since no one wanted to see it with me in theaters and it's finally out on DVD. Hooray! I'm not expecting to be blown away, but I do hope I like it. And if not, nothing wrong with spending a good two hours staring at Max Irons' face, am I right? Of course I am.

Anyway....

Favorite Adaptations


1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Such a great film. The very best example of a successful AND faithful adaptation, I think. Of course, it also didn't hurt that the author was the director.


2. Flipped - I actually haven't read the book, but this movie makes me want to. It is seriously such a great coming of age story. SO GOOD AND SO CUTE! (Super talented little actors too, I'm going to keep an eye out for them!)


 3. The Hunger Games - I'll admit, I was skeptical (as I always am) when production for this was first announced, but I really liked it. Even though I do still have some problems with the casting.


4. Tuck Everlasting - The movie was pretty darn different from the book (esp that ending), but I really liked it. My first taste of a bittersweet ending.


5. Never Let Me Go - Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed this movie and thought it remained pretty faithful to the book. I actually love the movie poster, too! Isn't it pretty?


Worst Adaptations


6. Twilight - I can definitely sit back and enjoy this movie for what it is now, but my expectations for this adaptation were not even close to being met. Sad!


7. Avalon High - My favorite Meg Cabot book got butchered. This makes me wish The Mediator series NEVER EVER gets made into a movie.


8. The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement - I don't even know what this was. I wish I would have never watched it, like Meg Cabot herself.


9. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Loved this book, and yeah, sure, the movie was fun, but the casting! Really? Ughhh


Book-to-Film Adaptation I'm Most Anticipating


10. The Spectacular Now - Really liked the book. The film's been getting lots of buzz, so I'm excited to see if the movie really lives up to the book.



So what adaptations are YOUR faves? Which ones do you hate, and which ones are you most excited for? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!