Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Life in Book Titles

So, Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner has this Friday Fun meme going that basically consists of super fun posts, and I thought I'd participate with this awesome survey she came up with last week. I figured it was a fun way I could reveal a little more of my embarrassing self with all of you. If you've participated, or plan to, let me know! I'd love to see the answers/titles you came up with!


YOU

How would you describe your 16-year-old self? Dreamland
When you looked into the mirror what did you see? The DUFF


Your 16-year-old self’s outlook on life/motto: All I Want is Everything 
How do you think people would describe your personality? Charm & Strange 
Describe an insecurity in high school: I’m Not Her

 (always compared myself to someone)
Describe your worst trait as a teen: Messy (there is such a thing as too much tidiness, and it freaks me out)
Describe the contents of your diary/journal: What My Mother Doesn’t Know
Your biggest fear: Unremembered

 (struggled with the possibility no one in hs would remember me years later. now, I wish we could forget all about each other haha)
You excelled at: Panic/Fangirl
 (always the drama queen)
You were always concerned about: What Happens Next
You Thought Your Life Was: The Center of the Universe


        

      

     




LOVE LIFE

How would you sum up your high school love life? The Trouble With Flirting
Describe your most serious boyfriend from high school? Nobody’s Girl (didn't really date and if you knew the guys I went to hs with, you'd understand why)
Describe your first kiss: Not That Kind of Girl
Your philosophy on dating/love: I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You
Describe Your Worst Break Up: Forget You (the worst break-ups were actually with ex-friends)







FAMILY

Your relationship with your mom as a teen/your relationship with your dad as a teen: 52 Reasons to Hate My Father


Your relationship with a sibling: Partners in Crime

 (before you "aw" this was only due to what's directly below, we were stuck together whether we liked it or not)
What you thought about your parents’ rules/parenting style: How Not to be Popular





FRIENDS

Describe you and your best friend at 16: I’m With Stupid (kind of how it still is now...)
Your social status: Nothing Special

 (our group was never really defined; some were cheerleaders, on the dance team, in band, whatever - but we all stuck together)
Describe your group of friends: Mostly Good Girls 





SCHOOL

Your perception of high school among entering: The School for Good and Evil
Your relationship with academics: Bittersweet (smart, but lazy)
Your weekends were: A Long, Long Sleep


If your high school life was a movie, it would be called: What I Didn’t Say (I like to think of my life as somewhat similar to Lizzie Mcguire's - she was nice & quiet, but had one outspoken alter ego)
A class you wish high school would have offered: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight/My Life Undecided (maybe I would have developed an interest in math, and the knowledge from the second one would be useful right now)
Your senior year was: Such A Rush

Describe prom: The Anti-Prom (never went and I have no regrets)
When high school ended it was: The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life 







THE FUTURE

How you felt about the prospect of college: 17 & Gone (couldn't wait to leave)
How you thought your life would be at 22: Everything We Ever Wanted 
(har har)





YOUR LIFE NOW

Describe your love life now: Anatomy Of A Single Girl


Describe the state of your friendship with your high school BFF: Meant To Be (lost touch with a lot of the group, but the ones I'm still friends with now are the best; we're so much alike it's scary, but we're closer than ever)
Your relationship with your parents now: Great 
Your thoughts on your high school reunion: What Happened to Goodbye


Biggest lesson you learned in high school: Dear Life, You Suck (lots of things happened; some good, some bad, sad and ugly--just like life)
One thing you WISHED you had learned: Embrace (I was always looking forward, I feel like I should have spent more time just being a kid - no scary real-life worries about college, jobs, bills, etc.)


Advice you wish you could have given your teen self: Bloom

 (I was/am a late bloomer, mostly because of how shy I was)
Something you could learn from your 16-year-old self: The Art of Wishing (there are times I find myself being practical -- too practical, something 16-year-old me said I'd never become. Working on that.)






2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love how you used the book titles to describe your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome and fun idea. And it looks like you had fun putting it all together. I love memes like this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!