Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Birthday Month Edition

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

So even though this past month was my birthday month, I actually managed to control my spending and didn't get an insane amount of books as I usually do every August (okay, I got quite a few, but I usually overdo it, obv) - progress, see? Mostly though, it was due to the fact that I'm still looking for a job and trying to save as much money as I can for September. There are SO MANY releases I'm dying for, plus there are a few events I want to attend, which I can't without the $$$, so ANYWAY...


Why yes I did throw them all on my bed and promptly dived right into them
(literally speaking)
Books shown:
Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
Zoe Letting Go by Nora Price

And one more...



Just One Year by Gayle Forman (!!! ahhhh I know I know I know)
Received this from the super amazing Gayle Forman herself, soo... THANK YOU SO MUCH, Gayle!! I almost died.



So what books have YOU gotten lately? 
Let me know, or link me to your STS post and I'll be happy to drop by!

15 comments:

  1. I still need to read Just One Day and congrats on your signed copy :) And I've been wanting to check out shadow and bone. Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Just One Year! Signed! I'm horribly jealous. :)

    Enjoy!

    See how I stacked my shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought stopping myself from buying books this summer would help me get more tbrs read. Instead I got a Kobo for my birthday 3 weeks ago and now have over 150 free books on it! *eek*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Such an awesome haul! Shadow and Bone was a great read!
    I need to get to In Honor and Zoe Letting Go soon because they look so good!
    I hope you enjoy your reads! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! Congrats on the signed copy!! And great book haul too! I just finished the audio of Burn For Burn. It was good. I've been interested in reading Kirby's In Honor after reading Golden. It sounds great. And I just received my copy of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea today!! I had won it in a giveaway a while back, and just received it in the mail this morning!! It didn't make my post today, so I'll have it up next week. :) Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic haul of books. Congrats on the signed book. I love signed books as well. Come check out my stack as well. Follow via bloglovin.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great haul! I've got several of those on my TBR...and I really can't wait for Just One Year - I absolutely LOVED Just One Day!

    Enjoy your books!

    Bree @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome signed copy!! Shadow and Bone is such a great book. I hope you enjoy all of these and had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all so beautiful! I can't wait to read Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! New bloglovin follower.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh a signed Just One Year! I hope you love that one, it sounds amazing! <33 Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea sounds amazing, too, and I loved Shadow and Bone.

    Happy belated birthday! <33

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those postcards that came with your awesome signed copy of Just One Year! I loved Burn for Burn and just finished its sequel a couple of weeks ago--which I loved even more. I really need to read In Honor. I loved Golden by her. Great haul this week! I hope you love all your new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHH oh my gosh Just One Year!! You are one lucky girl! I quite liked Zoe Letting Go and Burn for Burn, so I can't wait to see what you think of those, along with the rest of your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I Capture the Castle" is one of my all-time favorite books. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness. You got Just One Year. I'm DYING to know how the series ends.
    I enjoyed Burn for Burn and Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. They were fun reads.
    Enjoy all your lovely books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on signed copy of Just One Year! Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is high on my want-to-read list! Happy Reading!

    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!