This week's list was definitely a challenging, but fun one to compile. Hope you enjoy!
2. Blogger reviews - Not all of us have companions just as book obsessed as we are, so it’s the opinions of fellow bloggers, who I trust, I often listen to that makes me pick up a book.
|Lauren Oliver, and I|
4. Publisher interaction - Since blogging, one of the best perks that have come out of this hobby is working with some of my favorite publishers. I’m definitely not one of those bloggers that gets ARCs every day, but I get them enough and I know it’s all due to blogging. Also, learning more about the publishing world has been sooo great and really insightful.
6. Netgalley - I love getting print ARCs as much as the next blogger, but as someone that’s not only running out of shelf space, but space for actual shelves, it’s nice to get access to upcoming releases that won’t clutter my cave any more than it already is.
7. Amazon - I know, I know. Amazon is a pretty popular company to hate right now, but you gotta admit, the prices are great (though, I’ve noticed the increase...) and have more than once gotten me multiple books for the price of what would have been just one elsewhere.
8. Blog readers/friends - It doesn’t matter if I’m on a roll with blog posts or I’m in a blogging slump - one thing I can always count on is keeping in touch with some of my favorite bookish people. YOU ARE ALL MY FAVES. And I love that we all have more in common than just great literary taste - we can talk about lots of things, but books are what unites us, and I love it.
9. My current college sabbatical - Taking a year off from school has definitely helped me fit in MANY more books than I originally would while cramping my brain with essays, finals, speeches, etc.
|disclaimer: the above is not a totally accurate representation of our trips, FYI. We usually sing along to the radio (badly) and WTF over other people's driving. Also, we wear seatbelts. |
credit: tumblr, obvs.
Okay. Those were just some of the reasons my life as a blogger and reader is less stressful than it could be. It's actually not half bad. Some are more ridiculous than others, sure, but that’s pretty much all the different angles of my personality summed up. Ha!
So... do we have any in common? Link me to your list, and I’ll be sure to check it out!