Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (38)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.


As a self-proclaimed hardcore Rachel Hawkins fangirl, let me just say that I seriously CANNOT WAIT for this book. I have an immense love for Rachel's Hex Hall series (and Archer Cross), I'm super excited to see what she has in store for all of us next; whatever it is, I'm willing to bet it's just as fun, hilarious, swoony and awesome as the rest of her books. Also, that cover is amazing, I love it so much. (And it matches my blog!) ALL THE PRAISE, cover designers!


Rebel Belle will be released April 8, 2014. Pre-order your copy today.

19 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Not sure if I'm going to read it but I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be a fun read - just the right thing to read after reading a book with some really heavy and dark topics!

    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel Hawkins is, like, a QUEEN of fun reads! Definitely.

      Delete
  3. this sounds quite interesting, I think i'll wait till it's released and read some of the reviews. I've not read any of Rachel Hawkins' books yet but I do have them on myy TBR list. Thanks for sharing :D

    Georgie @ What She Reads
    tweet @whatgeorgiedid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in for a treat when you read them! Her books are some of my faves. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, this one sounds fun! I've never read a book by Rachel Hawkins before. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover! It's both girly but aggressive too :) Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-16-things-i-thought-were-true/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!

      And I doubt you'll see this, but in case you do, Disquis is being evil and won't let me comment your post. Your pick looks like just my kind of book, though! :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the cover, I can't wait til it comes out!
    Great pick and thank you very much for sharing.

    Check out My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good book choice. Love the cover...minus the knife. :)

    New BlogLovin' Follower...nice blog.

    I don't have a WOW post of my own, but I am looking forward to reading THE WIFE, THE MAID, and THE MISTRESS.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH the dagger is the best part! :O


      (thanks for following!)

      Delete
  8. I'm excited for this one, too. It sounds awesome and I love that cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes to Rebel Belle. I absolutely loved Hex Hall so I'm pretty excited to see where Rachel Hawthorne will take us readers next. :D
    Great pick & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know Rachel Hawkins had a new book coming out. It sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!