Friday, October 25, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: October pt. 1

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Okay, so I usually wait until the end of the month to do these posts, but I've kind of been doing some crazy shopping lately and I can barely keep track of the books I'm buying (this is when you know you have a problem, FYI, but whatever) so we'll just start early!



The Space Between by Jessica Martinez; I love pink covers!
Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay; Beauty and the Beast retellings make me HAPPY.
Just One Year by Gayle Forman; Yay, finished favorite!
Allegiant by Veronica Roth; Series = complete!
Pure by Julianna Baggott; There's no getting over Dystopian, apparently.
The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner; TRAVEL READS, FTW!

Obviously, I'm excited for all of these. I read JOY already since I got a lovely signed ARC, but I needed a finished copy. The Space Between was a twitter contest win from the author herself, so thanks again, Jessica! I read Cruel Beauty last month and absolutely LOVED it, I'm hoping Of Beast and Beauty can impress me the same. And... I feel like I'm the only one not going crazy over Allegiant. I loved Divergent, but never even read Insurgent, so maybe that's why...? Idk, but I'm glad the series is complete so when I do feel like reading them, I can! Pure is also a book I've been wanting to read for a while, ever since it was being enthusiastically pushed that one year at BEA. Lastly, the book I'm kind of SUPER EXCITED for is The Lost Girls. I love anything to do with travel, and some of my fave books have that incorporated in them (i.e. Just One Day, Just One Year, Wanderlove, etc) so this is an obvious choice of book for me. It's about three girlfriends who are experiencing a bit of a quarter-life crisis, so they decide to travel the world for a year, which the book chronicles. Talk about awesome! I haven't read much non-fiction, but I really want to start and this seems like the perfect starter.

TL;DR: I'm excited to read ALL of these!

So that's what came in so far. Have you read any of these? Did you get anything super awesome this week (besides Allegiant)? Let me know or leave a link to your post so I can visit!

11 comments:

  1. Of Beast and Beauty! Allegiant! Awesome new books Briana I hope you enjoy!

    Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allegiant is everywhere! I just recently got Of Beast and Beauty and can't wait to read it. I've heard great things about it! Happy Reading!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Allegiant too which I'm excited about. I want to read Of Beast and Beauty! I hope you enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going crazy for Allegiant too. I haven't read Insurgent yet and I didn't even like Divergent that much. I've heard so many good things about Of Beauty and Beast. Tried reading it but I keep falling asleep. Just One Year is great too and I'm glad you loved it!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cure for Pure so much. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats one awesome stack of books. Allegiant is the popular book this week. Come visit me too.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. I love pink covers, too! I haven't read any of these books though. I hope you like them all. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pile this week! Of Beast ad Beauty and Pure are both on my TBR list. I hope you enjoy your reads! :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of Of Beast & Beauty, might have to pick up a copy! I also got Allegiant but I'm 54% in and it's kind of awful so far! Disappointing. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I too got Allegiant, and I'm reading it right now, almost done.
    Check out my STS
    And while you're at my blog, make sure to enter my Fierce Reads Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Of Beast and Beauty. It's one of my favorite reads of the year. I also seriously need to get to Gayle Forman's books. I've heard nothing but praise.
    Enjoy your fabulous books! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!